Chapter Twenty three: Offer I wish I refused

When you are given an offer, do you truly think off everything? The consequences and effects it will have on you and others?

I was given an offer, one I thought I would never choose.

But I did.

A Few Hours Earlier

"Snow, can you help me please?" Wanda asks. She was trying to clean up the mess that drunken Tony left behind. I began to pick up trash with her. I always felt a warm vibe from Wanda. She always wanted people to be happy, even though the world has crashed down on her so many times.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask her. I knew she was doing this by herself.

"In about 2 hours I need someone to pick up the desserts at this amazing cafe. It is any way you could grab it for me?" Wanda asks. Her face is slightly red with her hair up, but falling from the messy bun. She seemed so flustered. 

"Of Course, I can." I tell her. Her face becomes more at ease. "You need to take a break Wanda."

"Please, have you seen these дурак? The place would be a disgusting with out me." Wanda jokes. We both laugh and Steve appears from the hallway.

"Hey Spangles, here to help?" I chuckle. He groans at the nickname.

"Actually, I'm here for you. After though I will help out afterwards." He tells us.

"Oh Cap, what can I do for you?" I ask as I put the garbage bag down and cross my arms.

"It's Bucky." Here we go. "After your argument, he has locked himself in his room. No one can get it open."

"Get Tony to do it, he built the damn place." I tell him. I walk past him and head for the fridge for a water.

"Snow, please. Go talk to him." Steve practically begs.

"Wow Rodgers, did not peg you as a desperate son of a bitch." I say as I take a sip of water. "Steve, I made my point to him. I'm not gonna sit on my hands and wait for him."

"Snow, He is your da-"

"No, he is my Father. Not my Dad. Just like Nicolette is my Mother, not my mom." I correct him. He sighs in frustration.

"I don't get it, if I had a chance, I would be with my parents as much as possible." Steve says baffled.

"You were raised by your parents. They showed you love Steve. All I known is how to hide the love I wish I got from my parents. My Father, stopped smiling at me when I was five and I saw him kill for the first time. My Mother, kicked me out after a week of knowing me." I pointed out to him. "My Father, choose my mother over me. Is having another kid, who isn't a mistake. Your parents actually loved you."

I walk away frustrated. How did they not get that? They expect me to bend over backwards for him. What about me? Why can't he change for me? I pass his room and heard my voice.

"Screw that, I'm done playing games."

"S-Snow, W-w-wait I-I'm sor-" I hear Nicolette speak.

"No you feel guilty. I'm done Nicolette. You won this stupid games. I'm done trying to be good enough, I'm leaving soon and there is nothing you can do about it.I grew up, what about you?"

He was watching feed from our fight. He was probably picking her side. I left and got changed into some clean clothes and grabbed the keys to one of the cars.

"I'm heading out, be back with food." I tell Wanda and Steve, who are still cleaning. I start the car and take off.

============================

"Hi, I'm here to pick up an order for Wanda." I tell the woman at the shops she smiles and leaves to go find the order. A shadow then cloaks me.

"Well, Well. If it is not  Miss Snow." I turn around and see someone I thought died.

"Lance Strucker, Thought you died along with the rest of them

"Lance Strucker, Thought you died along with the rest of them." I say as I look at him. His smile growls, making him look more creepy.

"No my dear. We are all much alive, in fact I have an offer." He says and points to a table. "Shall we?" We sit down and have water placed in front of us. 

"Hows dear old Daddy? Still a killing Machine?" Lance asks with a smirk.

"Nope, he adjusting very well, no thanks to you." I shot back.

"Ah, right. Dear old Mummy is back." He leans closer to me. "Tell me, she miss you? Or did she throw you away?" 

"What do you want Lance?" I groan. He sits back with that same creepy smile.

"I'm here to make you an offer. Come back to us. Be stronger than ever." Lance tells me. I start to laugh.

"You're joking right?" I snort.

"Think about it Snow. We want you. We want to care for you. What have they done for you? Haven't they hurt you enough?" Lance asks. I bite my lip.

"They gave me a home." I says softly.

"But have you felt wanted? Or loved?" Lance asks. "We want to love you and make you stronger."

I think about it. Be stronger and better, or go back to a family that has moved on without me? 

"On Two conditions." I tell him. His smile gets bigger and he leans closer once more.

"I'm listening...."

"I don't want to remember anything. Nothing of them." I state.

"That can be arranged." Lance says. "And the other?"

"This necklace..." I show him the necklace dangling off my neck. "Never leaves me. I have it on always."

"Fine. Do we have a deal?" He asks while putting his hand out. I grab and nod.

"We do."

==================================

Oh shit. Snow what are you doing? How do you feel about this?

Thanks for the Reads and Votes!

~Charlie