Chapter Twenty-One: Sticking up for me

I woke up next to Wanda. We still shared a room together, but she wanted to cuddle. Wanda sees me as a sibling, and me coming back gave her the warmth as if Pietro was back. I slip out her grasp and slip on a sweatshirt, that covered my shorts. I walk to the kitchen and there is Natasha.

"Mind if I join you?" I ask her. She smiled and nodded. I got coffee for myself and sat across from her. She was wearing one of Steve's shirts and some sweatpants. Her red hair was in a ponytail, showing her pale face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said, trying to play it off.

"Natasha." I call to fully get her attention. "Что не так ?" (What is wrong?) She sighs and grips her mug tighter.

"Стив хочет детей ."(Steve wants Kids.) She sighs. " И я не думаю, что я мог бы сделать всю мать вещь ." (And I don't think I could do the whole mother thing.) 

"Что фигня." (That is bullshit.) I tell her, and she looks at me off guard. "Вы должны быть единственным близко к матери для меня . Вы собираетесь быть замечательно. Верь в вашей собственной личности , вы будете удивлены , что вы найдете ." (You have be the only thing close to a mother for me. You are going to be wonderful. Believe in your self, you would be surprised what you will find.)

Natasha gives me a smile. That is what I ment. She always made me feel wanted and welcome. I could not wait to see their kids walking around.

"Thank you Snow. That...That means a lot." Natasha tells me. 

"I love you Nat, I will always be here." I say as I sip my drink.

"Until you decide to drop off the face of the earth and live in a bar." Nat says giving me the look.

"Never gonna let me live that down are you?" I chuckle. We both laugh. Then My Father comes running into the kitchen, out of breath. Once he sees us, he sighs with relief. "You good?"

"I...I didn't see you in your room, so I got worried." He tells me. I look at Nat who starts to slip away to give us space. Papa sits in front of me, uncomfortable and unsure.

"So, sleep well?" I ask, trying to break the Ice. Its not like could just say, Hey missed ya, but my mother and the love of your life kicked me out so I left without telling you and you picked her over me. Yeah, that would not go over well.

"Uhh...yeah. I guess. Haven't fully slept since you left." He says. I bite my lip in guilt.

"How much do you remember?" I ask.

"I got it all back..ish. The stuff with us at HYDRA are hazy." Papa tells me. I scoff.

"All the memories of me, you mean." I correct as I drink more of my coffee. He sighs, and I know I am right. "It's fine......What you think of Nat and Steve? You know Steve the best so....."

"She is good for him. Gives him a little roughness to him." He says. Silence begins to fill the room, making it more awkward.

"So....expecting a new kid soon." I say without looking at him. He sighs and grips his mug tighter.

"Yeah."

"Must be excited." I state.

"Yeah, I actually get to watch them grow up and be there for the delivery. I am really excited." He says, and I hear the really happiness in his voice. It made the pit in my stomach gnaw at my insides.

"Yeah, I would expect you to. I'm happy for you." I mumble but loud enough he can hear me. My walls are starting to break again.

"Look Snow..."

"Don't please." I whisper.

"I want you to understand. Please." He begs as he touches my hand. I yank back and move away from the table to the window.

"Don't. I don't wanna hear it." I tell him.

"Snow, I need to explain to you th-"

"No. I don't wanna hear how you picked Nicolette over me. I don't wanna hear how you gave up on me. I don't wanna hear it." I cut him off. I was sticking up for myself. Dean said I need to stop being a push over, so I am gonna stand my ground.

"Snow, I never gave up on you." He says as he touches my shoulder. The metal sends chills down my spine. I shrug his hand off.

"That's bullshit. Did you even care I left?" I scoff. 

"Of course I did." He growled. "I was a reck when you left, couldn't move or do anything knowing you left." I laughed.

"But you were okay enough to screw the woman that kicked me out and have another kid?" He doesn't awnser. "You had time to replace me and have your perfect family back."

"Snow, That is-"

"Actually I do wanna know." I snap and look into his blue hurt eyes. "Why did you choose her over me? I get it, you love her. But what about me! I have done everything since I was five freaking years old to make you happy! To keep you safe! But no. You pick the girl who you thought was dead for almost Eighteen years over your own god damn daughter!"

A few tears escaped from my eyes as my voice echoes through the halls. Papa looked shocked at my outburst. It was time I let it out, before It built more. I saw Nicolette, Sam, Wanda, Nat and Steve congregate in the small arch way to see what was going on.

"But hey, What do I know? I'm just a mistake and an experiment, Right?" I shrugged. "Hope you guys have a good life. Let your new kid have the life I never did. I promise I won't get involved." I start to walk away, but Papa grabs my arm with his metal one. I couldn't get out of his grasp.

"Why are you acting like this?" He questioned. That is when I felt everything drop. He was still picking her. He didn't even comfort me over what I told him.

"Because I left six months ago, and came back looking for a chance." I look at Nicolette. "But I guess there never was one."

I rip out of his grasp and head to the training room. I need to hit something. I just broke my father's heart.

And I didn't even care.

----------------------------------------------

Wow....What do you think of Snow's outburst? Think it was uncalled for, or did she do the right thing?

Thanks for the Reads and Votes!!

~Charlie