Chapter Nine: Healing and Battle wounds

The past few weeks have been eventful. Papa has gotten up more, and communicated. Wanda and Steve bring us supplies and some clothes when they can. They have been looking for a place for us. This disintegrating building won't last forever, and the siblings have not been the only people who adventured in here. We would hide as the teenagers explores. I kept us hidden and let Papa rest.

He is slowly remembering things. It took a lot out of him. His nightmare have been getting worse. He would mumble and thrash in his sleep. When I wake him up from it, he grabs my arms tightly. Once he sees it is me, he loosens his grip and I help him go back to sleep.

I haven't slept since, well forever. I stay up to take car of Papa and keep an eye out for intruders, I was use to it by now. Wanda constantly asks why I have bags under my eyes. I tell her it is nothing, nut I can tell she doesn't believe me. I am weaker than usual. I can't use any of my abilities without almost passing out. I never have gotten this weak before. It doesn't help I have not cleaned the branding on my back. I never had the time. I have been helping Papa remember his life before me.

He has started to remember Steve. He will be talking to Steve and calls him a punk. the look on Steve's face was up lifting. Papa and him would smile and make jokes. It gave me hope that we would one day recover. He would recover.

Papa would try and tell me And Wanda about him and Steve. When He gets stuck, Steve helps him out. It warmed my heart to see Papa smile. I haven't seen that smile in years. As we all tell stories and joke, I get up to get food. But I lost my footing and fell. The three of them rushed to my side, but I tried to wave them away.

"I'm...I'm fine." I told them, but when I tried to lift myself up my arms gave out. I was so weak.

"What's wrong?" Steve asks in slight Panic. Papa stood next to him, concerned. Wanda helps me sit up, but she places her hand on my back. I cry out in pain. Wanda removes my Jacket and gasps. The others rush over and Silence fell. I close my eyes as I feel the cold metal of my Father's touch along the branding. He slams his fist into a wall and stomps out, Steve chasing after him. Wanda comes over with medical supplies, a slightly clean towel and a bucket of water.

"I thought I told you to clean it twice a day." Wanda scolds as she cleans my back with the wet towel. "Why didn't you ask for help?"

"I couldn't. I needed to take care of him." I tell her. "And look he is smiling again."

"Snow, this could have killed you. You need medical attention, you need a doctor." 

"No." I say sternly. "We are still wanted and have to stay low away from HYDRA." She sighs and picks up the peroxide. She holds it and is hesitant because she knows it will be painful. "Do it."

The cold liquid burns so much. I bite my lip, trying not to make a noise. I cry out slightly. Wanda notices and stops but I shake my head for her to continue.

"This is Deja Vu." I joke, trying to lighten the mood. She chuckles and pours even more on, making me hiss. Heavy footsteps come in and I keep my head down. I felt my Father's gaze, but refuse to meet it. He must be so disappointed in me.

"How is she?" Steve asks. Wanda sighs and stops cleaning for a moment.

"She needs medical attention, a doctor, but she refuse to see one." Wanda tells him.

"Snow, why are you denying treatment? You need this." Steve said sternly. I don't awnser and Wanda does for me.

"She is protecting Him. They are both wanted, and HYDRA is still looking. She is makings sure he is safe." Wanda says. Silence fills the air. Steve knows I am right. I reach for my jacket, only to have a metal hand grab my arm to stop me. I look at my Father's unreadable face.

"Give us a minute alone." Papa growled. Steve took Wanda out off the room and left the two of us there. He pulls a chair in front of me and sits. "Snow, look at me."

"Why?" I ask.

"Please." He says more defeated. I continue to look at the ground. His warm hands tilt my face up to see his broken face. He seemed upset. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You need to heal." I tell him.

"We could have healed together."

"No, you are more important. I had to save you." I say raising my voice.

"Snow, no that is not true." He said with anger in his voice.

"Yes it is! You can be a hero! You can save people! You have a best friend that cares for you! I am nothing!" I shout at him. Tears flowed down my face. The adrenaline gave me the strength to get up.

"How can you believe that? I care about you more than any-"

"Do You!" I scream. "You don't speak to me! It is all with Steve! You smile because of him! I am just a thing to take care of you and sit in the corner. When Steve and Wanda aren't here, You don't say anything to me. It drives me crazy! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG FOR YOU NOT TO LOVE ME!" I fall on my knees and start to sob. My back is on fire, but I was too upset to do anything about it. I wipe my eyes and see him just standing there. 

I get up and head over to my suit. I go into the hidden pocket on the left rib coverage. I pull out the thing he gave me before I lost him. I walk back and put the crystal in his hands.

"You gave me that, then I lost you forever. I have never seen you since. They took me and you disappeared, the winter set in. You never fought it and I kept this hoping one day, I can get you back. But I see I was just another crutch for you to throw away." I say softly. 

I move into the other room to see Steve and Wanda. Steve goes back into the room with Papa-I mean Bucky- to see if he was okay. Wanda opened her arms to me and I took them and sobbed. I had a dream once,

But it seems the Winter Frost shattered it.