Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Leah

Right on the other side of the door was the worst thing I feared, I one thing that I questioned from the beginning and the one thing that hurt more than anything I've ever been through and I've been through a lot.

There on the other side of the door was Chris arms and lips on another woman.

I didn't know how long I stood there. All I remember was seeing this girl's arms wrapped around his neck pressing her perfect model's body into his against the wooden table. His arms were on her shoulders as they broke apart. With Chris's face looking red and hot. Which I only imagined being lust. It was a weird and strong feeling inside me... I felt hollow inside like I didn't feel anything.

For a moment I couldn't see anything, do anything, and say anything, for that one moment I was completely and utterly dead inside. I felt a cold chill running down my spine and going straight into my heart like needle causing shooting, stabbing pains.

I haven't moved since I entered the door but I could see Chris staring at me and calling my name. He looked scared and shocked about what was going on, the girl next to him turned around and I saw that it was one of Jess's friends Mary.

"Ah, Mary! How could you?" Jess said but I could hear the humour in her voice, she had finally got her way. I felt her bend down from behind me and say something in my ear on the lines of.

"Looks like I won sis" she breathed evilly into my ear. I turned back to just staring at her, was this how much she hated me. How could someone hurt someone like that I just don't get it. What have I done wrong?

"Leah" I heard a low deep cry come from the room I turned and saw Chris walking towards me to explain but I couldn't be near him right now. I felt sick and I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't be in here anymore. I turned back round to see a smiling Jess, she got what she wanted. I pushed passed her and ran as fast as I could away from everything.

I ran up the stairs to the room and shut the door hard behind me and slide down to the floor brought my head to my knees I can't work out when I started crying but I suddenly started to fill the wet feeling of the tears full from my face soaking my dress.

I heard strong heavy steps coming towards the room. Somehow I knew it was Chris. I still didn't want to see him so I lifted my hand to the inside lock just in time as he tried to open the door.

"Leah?" he called but I didn't say a thing, just cried silent tears. "Leah please, it wasn't what it looked like," he said again knocking harder on the door. With my back against the door, I could hear everything so clearly on the other side. I could hear him breathing heavily from where he most likely ran up here after me.

"Leah" I heard his harsh voice say. A voice that once caused my heart beats with happiness but now beats of fear and anger. How can a feeling change so quickly? How can someone change from being so happy and so loved too then feel the cold sting of deaf running through your veins? This was the voice I fell in love with but this wasn't the man that made me feel so joyed but a stranger who had just broken my heart.

"Please" I could hear the sadness in his voice and my heart broke all over again. I could hear him crying and I could feel myself falling again but no! Not again I have been so naive to have thought that someone like Chris could change.

I wasn't the game-changer like Ben said. Once a player always a player. Isn't that what everyone has been telling me.

I knew Jess had something to do with what happened back there but everything that she said was running through my head.