A unexpected new beginning

"SOPHIE! TIME TO GET UP!" A screech ran throughout the whole house. My friend Amy has a very loud voice, not that I'm complaining, great for catching someone's attention. But i am bothered by her loudness in the morning. I'm not a morning person...

We both live together. Explanation?

When I was young I was adopted by two rich, very snobby people. They owned a big mansion that they payed for, but never used, and since I was here, they let me live here with a couple of my friends. It's weird but very awesome.

They never had time for me, always moving from one place to the next.

Grunting in complaint, I willed my legs to moved and got my body out of bed into the cold air. I slowly trudged into the bathroom, quite like a zombie, but without the decomposing skin...bad hygiene and...well, not dead.

I filled the Sink with warm water, baby bath and shoved my cloth in. Rubbing my face down, I cringed as I took in sit of the red tomato of a face I had made.

I then brushed my teeth and ginned at myself in the mirror. I may not have a perfect smile but I loved the way I was. Wasn't perfect, had insecurities.

I pranced out the bathroom like I owned the place and went strait to theme wardrobe.

I wore comfy black shorts and a red tank top, along with my black, red and white converse. Since we lived in California it was really warm because it was summer, that explains the summery clothes.

Tugging my brush through my hair dark brown hair, it came out in straggly curls, or even lose waves past my shoulders. My hair was uncontrollable. You straiten it, goes frizzy when it gets humid. You curl it, goes flat within half an hour without the proper hair spry to keep it up.

Giving up, I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and put on my red earrings.

After that, I out on lip gloss and a tiny touch of mascara.

I had blue eyes, but in certain light it could look greenish and grey. But when I cried it went bright green/blue.

I also had freckles over my nose and cheekbones. I'm about 5.6 in height. I'm also pale, very. I don't get much of a tan cause I can't really handle roasting in the sun for to long. Weird. I know.

Smiling to myself in the mirror, I grabbed my phone to shove it in my pocket, then went flying out my bedroom door, down about 200 steps, and walked into the large kitchen where Amy was peacefully sitting have brunch.

My best friend Amy.

She had natural strait dirty blond hair, that went past her shoulders, she had big dark chocolate brown eyes that went with her hair perfectly. She had natural rosy cheeks and semi tanned skin.

Sitting down next to Amy, she quickly switched the TV over to our recording of out favourite anime, Naruto.

We both sat totally engrossed in the episode as we ate, well, I was on my phone also, checking Wattpad for updates on my favourite stories, but sadly there was non.

"Ok, what's the plan for today?" Amy questioned, still munching on her apple.

"Well, I really need to finish my English essay. If I don't get it done my teacher will kill me since it's a big exam coming up, but I also need to finish my oil painting for art. So, I'm booked for the day. It's one of these days where I wish I had Gaara's powers to manipulate sand, I'd kill all of my teaches, especially Um-bridge..." I grumbled, popping a strawberry into my mouth.

She nodded in since, silently agreeing, but understanding I couldn't do much today. Silently standing up from the table, I put my dishes in the dishwasher and went to climb up the many stairs to my art studio.