Chapter 1 -Fraud

Sophia POV

Letter 1 of 2

Furthermore, due to blackmail delivered to various addresses it is believed that you Mr Rome and your company, "Files", have been sending inexcusable threats to a elite group at the Tres Spades for which we have evidence. In this regard we take it for you to prove this is not the case and prepare to be investigated.

Signed: Reina Oh, CEO of Viper Industries and Ice. Co

Simply? I had been a secretary for Files Inc for 3 years and never once had anything like that come through. You had to wonder why anyone would want to threaten Eisuke Ichinomiya.

He always won.

But I wouldn't help but think it had to be in the right place, Hunter Rome had recently gone downhill; investing in illegal trades and committing various acts of fraud.

But this was...

Odd isn't that where Mamoru works? I think sitting at my desk the way it was written makes me think that they're more scared than angry.

"Sir, this came through on the fax." I say and place it neatly on his desk after knocking, twice.

"Thank you Sophia, I'll get back to you."

After lunch, and a few hours after midday Hunter comes back in and hands me a piece of paper. "Go to Tres Spades, I want this hand delivered."

"Yes, Sir."

"Oh and Sophia?" he says and I timidly make my way out of the 20th floor in the skyscraper.

"Yes?"

"You look good today." he says and eyes me up and down. I cringe inwardly and try to cover my average white shirt and black skirt with my warm blue coat.

Trying to walk in heels I manage to survive the elevator ride down to the ground floor and into the company car.

I swipe my natural light brown hair back off my face, and run my fingers through my cardigan to avoid thinking of Hunter. I hated the way he was with women that worked for him; probably the reason I was his sixth in 4 years.

5 had been fired, laid off or left in the year before I started. Almost like the Henry the VIII divorced, beheaded, died sequence.

I had managed to avoid being with him and was lucky to have met Mamoru, a detective, around 4 months ago. I was the shy, easy type of person who loved everything in order. I was good at figuring puzzles out which made Mamoru and I similar.

Working for evil was difficult and I was trying not to spill to Mamoru when I go over to his apartment.

Which was always messy!

I end up cleaning while he goes for ice cream.

But we have a routine now for every Sunday, that he would bring whiskey or wine and I would bring food to watch Up, or TV.

It was our time together and it meant he relaxed more.

Soon after, I am knocked from my own thoughts as we pull up to the HQ of Tres Spades. It was huge compared to our chain of companies across Europe and I was deeply intimidated just looking at it.

Mamoru works here every day?

I step inside and identify myself, noticing how strict sercuity is.

"Why is this necessary?" I ask politely.

"Ms Sophia, we apologise. Certain events have meant we must take precautions, but I see that you are easily credible." the manager says and prepares to take me up to the penthouse.

I was MEETING Eisuke Ichinomiya?!

Oh this would not go well for me.

Mamoru POV

Sitting back watching the couples makes me crave Sophia's movie sessions. She had a calming, quiet voice that always made it easier for me to relax; she was an amazing girlfriend.

I just hadn't told her she was my girlfriend yet.

Suddenly the doors open and the phrase, 'Speak of the devil' has never been so clear. "Sophia?" I ask.

Looking around nervously until she meets my eyes she gasps."Mamoru, what are you-"

"Can we help you?" Eisuke says, clearly uninterested.

"I am here from Rome Co. and would like to present the response of H-Hunter Rome to Reina Oh." she says and my gut drops.

That had been the reason she wouldn't tell me her work? Reina had discovered solid evidence to the blackmail the group had been receiving as coming from Rome.

"I'm interested to hear what he has to say." Reina says and takes the letter. Sophia, who is standing awkwardly, looks over at me and gives me a small smile.

"You know this man is evil right?" Soryu says, narrowing his eyes. "He's close to getting pulled for fraud."

She looks down and I sigh, "Hey Sophia."

She looks up and smiles, her whole face lighting up like a bulb at the contact."You know her?" Violet asks.

"She's...-" damn I was blushing, "- my girlfriend."

"Mamoru!" Rosa says and throws a pillow. "Why didn't you say?!"

"Yes, why didn't you say." Sophia asks and I realise it could have been better to ask her first.

"Sorry." I say and she blushes from the neck to forehead.

"She's so cute!" Ota says and Krystal flicks his forehead, making him mumble that he only loved her.

"She's mine." I counter, making her turn an impossible shade.

"Mamoru..."

"I've finished typing a response. He is the one doing this, regardless of how much he wants to 'apologise for our troubled experience' and I suggest you get away from him." Reina says, again in her bluntness.

Sophia seems a little shocked and then turns head strong, "You might be right."

"I'll see you at 7?" I ask as I walk her to the elevator.

"Yes." she says and I kiss her quickly wanting more from her full lips. "Goodbye." she says and I wave as she descends back down.