Chapter 8 (Interview)

Kaylyn swallowed hard as she realized, he too recognized her. What would he think of her now, when she had been so dismissive in the elevator. Kaylyn squirmed inwardly when a cluster of negative thoughts floated through her mind. Hanging her head, she settled her gaze in her lap, trying to distract herself from the situation even for awhile so she could get her thoughts and nerves under control.

"I will be starting with a Madeline Cowan," Jason exclaimed, kaylyn's head immediately snapping up.

She watched as a brunette stood and smiled before she walked in the room, Mr. Felix behind. Kaylyn sighed and huffed out a breath, hoping that all went well where she was concerned.

#

Jason sat, pretending to listen to the woman who continuously bragged about her achievements. His thoughts had wandered off as soon as his mind flew back to one particular person...Kaylyn, was the name she had provided when he'd asked. She was the only person he was interested in at the moment. After seeing her at Matthew's firm, he had not managed to get the image of the red headed beauty from his thoughts; now here she was, applying for a job in his enterprise. Jason smiled, thinking of how lucky he was - she had to do. He was interested in her.

His forehead wrinkled when he thought back to the reason she might've had visiting Matthew's floor. Maybe she had been looking for a job, but Matthew had not told him about the woman or a job opening and that made his interest in the woman grow even more.

Not wanting to delay anything any longer, Jason refocused his attention to the woman who sat before him, still chatting unendingly.

"Ms Cowan, thank you for your time, and I'm sorry to say, but it was a waste of mine and yours. You may go," he bit out, knowing that he sounded harsh, but such was life.

The woman paled suddenly. "Sir?" she asked blank and wide eyed.

"I will not be needing you," he clarified.

The woman gaped at him, then blindly grabbed her bag, almost stumbling over her own feet as she rose from her chair. She almost ran from the room, as tears flew from her eyes.

Jason sighed and resisted the urge to roll his eyes, thinking he didn't need such a thinskinned person anyway.

Rising from his chair, he moved towards the door, knowing who he'd choose next.

Kaylyn rested her head on the wall as she allowed her body to ease more comfortably in the chair. She felt like crap, along with the nausea and heat that was slowly creeping up on her. Regardless, she knew, she had to compose herself for the interview. She tightly closed her eyes as she allowed a wave of nausea to pass. She wanted to curl up in her bed and silently sob against the soft comfort of her pillow, but here she was, enduring discomfort so she could give future comfort to a new life. But those were the sacrifices people made, Kaylyn thought as she traced a hand across her face.

"Are you OK ma'am," a man seated nearby asked.

Kaylyn nodded, managing a stiff smile. The man looked unconvinced, but he didn't push it.

Deciding to get some fresh air and throw some water over her face, Kaylyn stood, about to head to the bathroom when she saw a crying woman dash from the interview room, almost knocking her over in the process. Kaylyn almost toppled over from the sudden contact and the fact that she wasn't feeling well, but to steady herself, she eased against the wall for support. The boss, Mr Felix emerged from the room seconds later, his eyes glued to Kaylyn.

"Come," he said with a half smile as he disappeared into the room once more.

The breath hitched in kaylyn's throat. She still wasn't feeling well, but she was not going to let the possible opportunity pass. Stiffly, she walked towards the door, sighing heavily before she pushed it open.

#

Jason smiled as he watched the woman walk in. She was beauty, although she had a ghast look on her face. Nervousness perhaps, he thought. His eyes traveled across the curvy contours of her body, noticing how slender she was but full in all the right places. Her red hair was like fire. Bright, fiery, beautiful.

"Take a seat," he smiled.

Kaylyn smoothened her skirt, then took a seat, placing her bag on the floor. She straightened her posture and placed her hands on her lap. Her body screamed for her to get out, but her mind willed her to stay.

"Your name," Jason began.

"Kaylyn Fisher," she provided, almost shakily.

Jason smiled. "There's no need to be nervous," he said with a reassuring smile.

Kaylyn closed her eyes and sighed. "I- I'm not nervous, I..." she trailed off, trying to compose herself, but she couldn't.

"Are you OK?" Jason queried.

"I'm sorry, I feel horrible," she exclaimed as she rose from her chair. Jason flew from his too, immediately moving from around his table.

"What's wrong?" he pressed, face wrinkled in confusion.

"I- I'm not feeling well..." she trailed off as her vision blurred and her head swirled. Soon she faded into darkness, Jason immediately catching her before she fell to the ground.

He muttered a curse and dug into his pocket for his phone, while his other hand held Kaylyn to his body.

"Get my car ready, now now," he growled into the phone, then immediately disconnected.

He lifted Kaylyn in his arm, bridal style, and carried her hastily through the door. Ignoring the frightened gazes of onlookers, he slid in an elevator. Jason felt panicked because he had no idea what was wrong with her. She was still breathing but she looked moonlight pale. He looked down at her face, noticing her softened features and the freckles that lightly dotted her nose. She was so beautiful. The big question still lingered in his mind.

What was wrong with her? Jason was unsure but he would get the truth as soon as he arrived at the hospital.

____________________________________

Hiiii, sorry for the very short chapter, but I'll update in a day or two to make up for it :)
Hope y'all enjoyed.
Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju