Chapter 3 (Confrontations)

Matthew's eyes shot up to the woman who stood in front of him, noting her long red hair, which was bound in a ponytail. His eyes travelled to the jacket, which was hanging shapelessly down her shoulders, ending at almost mid-thigh. The jeans she wore looked like it went through a decade of hand-me-downs, belonging to persons much bigger than her. She was pretty, but her clothing was distasteful.

      Something in the back of Matthew's head clicked, reminding him of what the woman had said. She was pregnant, with his baby?! He wanted to laugh. What a big joke, considering he'd never seen the woman before.

     Easing back in his chair, he gazed intently at the woman. "What the heck are you talking about, and why did you feel the need to disturb me with such rubbish?!" He growled throatily.

Kaylyn swallowed. "This is no joke. I'm telling you the complete truth," she said firmly.

Matthew rose from his chair, and moved around his desk, coming face to face with Kaylyn. "Did Jason send you here to pull this joke?" he questioned firmly.

     "I don't know anyone by that name," Kaylyn exclaimed in frustration.

      "Then how the fuck can you claim to be pregnant, when I've never seen you before?" he hissed bitterly, his eyes boring into her own.

Kaylyn gasped. He didn't remember her! Did she look that hideous at the bar, she thought, or was he such a womanizing prick that he didn't even remember the women he slept with?

This only made things a lot worse. "We-uh. We met at a bar three months ago," she explained.

Matthew glared at the woman; trying to find pieces from his memory that would connect her to him...She was a blank. He had been to many clubs, slept with many women, but this one he had not recognized. Matthew paused when he remembered she had said three months ago. He had only been to one club in the last three months, and he had only slept with one woman at the time - The woman in the papers with her shabby makeup. He had remembered her face clearly and this woman was not her. He knew they didn't exchange names or any other personal information, but that woman was a wildcat that night. Matthew gave the woman another once over. This woman was Cinderella.

      "Look lady, I don't know what game you're playing but I'm not interested in it. So why don't you do yourself a favour and leave before I call security," he ground out firmly.

Kaylyn rubbed her temple as she felt a headache poking at her skull. "We bumped into each other when I stepped out of the bathroom. We went to the bar and ordered vodka shots. I was wearing a short black dress at the time and heavy makeup," she tried to explain in a subtler tone.

Matthew's forehead wrinkled at the knowledge, his eyes widening when realization dawned. "You?!" he spat.

Kaylyn was silent as she watched his eyes turn to darkened slits of green.

    "You are that woman?" He asked.

Kaylyn swallowed and managed a simple nod.

Matthew's eyes travelled from her head to her toes, repeatedly. Wha... he trailed off and rubbed the back of his neck. He glared at Kaylyn, his eyes surveying her face. His throat tightened when pieces of his memory kept rushing back- Her lips. Her lips were the same little pink and soft looking lips that he had found so much comfort in kissing. He shook his head as he tried to clear his head, anger now pulsing through his body.

     "So if you're that same woman, how can you claim to be pregnant? We used protection," he growled.

A brow shot up. "We didn't."

Matthew turned and muttered a low curse. Of course they hadn't! But he was just testing her. He only ever had unprotected sex once in his life, and the woman had gotten pregnant. Now for the second time in his life, he hadn't used it and this woman too was pregnant! ...Or so she said.

       "How can I be sure that you aren't just telling me a lie now?" He questioned sceptically. "My face was plastered across a magazine with yours, how do I know you didn't just plan all that to get money, or are you doing this now to get money?" he exclaimed tightly.

     "What?!" Kaylyn hissed. "I'm pregnant, and I didn't plan any of this to get any money. I lost my job because of what happened that night for Christ's sake!" she snapped.

Matthew ignored her every last word, bent on finding the answers he sought mentally.

      "How do I even know that baby you're carrying is mine?!" he bit out gravely.

     "Because," she exclaimed. "You're the only one I slept with at the time and I'm no liar!" she cried out in frustration.

Matthew's brow shot up. "So, why are you here by the way?" he asked.

      "I just told you I am pregnant with your child," she grated.

      "So you say, but isn't money apart of it?" he asked deeply

Kaylyn sighed. "I'm only telling you this because I thought it was the right thing to do, and I cannot raise it on my own," she confessed softly.

Matthew studied the woman's face and knew that she was telling him the truth. Well, at least that part. He still didn't know if the baby she was supposedly carrying was his. He was a rich and successful business man in the city, and any greedy woman, would jump at a chance to trap him. He however, was wiser than to get trapped. He was engaged and he already had a kid, he certainly didn't need a mistake ruining all that. Money was always involved, and in this case, it was a good alternative.

Matthew leaned against his desk and folded his arms.

       "How much money would you want to go away and pretend that this never happened?" He bit out firmly, a smirk forming on his lips.

___________________________________
Cliffhanger!!! Hanging from a cliff, and that's why he's called cliffhanger!!! (Lol, That's a little song that used to follow a cartoon I used to watch)

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed!!!
VOTE/COMMENT/RECOMMEND...if you wish!
I'll update soon.
Laters baby.
-juju