Chapter 15 (Her plan)

Kaylyn was glad when she didn't get an argument from Matthew; after all, he wasn't the boss of her. If he planned on dictating the every move she made, he had another thing coming.

The cab parked on the outside of the pastry shop and Kaylyn paid him before she exited. When she entered the small shop, she scanned the area thoroughly in search of Faith, and found her at the far end, sipping on something.

She released a heavy sigh before she walked towards her friend, knowing that she would need some courage to fully explain to her what was going on.

"Hey," she said when she arrived at the table, immediately taking a seat.

"Took you long enough," Faith grumbled under her breath, placing the cup of what Kaylyn recognized to be hot chocolate, on the table.

Kaylyn rolled her eyes. "I didn't take long," she defended coolly.

Faith didn't reply to that, instead she snapped her fingers to the woman behind the counter at the front. "What would you like to have?" she asked Kaylyn quickly.

"Nothing."

"I repeat, what would you like to have?" she asked, obviously not liking the answer Kaylyn had given.

Kaylyn sighed. "Alright, a donut and a milkshake."

Faith shook her head. "Fine, if you say so."

The petite blonde walked to their table, with a put on smile on her face. "What would you lovely ladies like to have?" she chirped.

Faith plastered a fake grin on her face, while staring at the woman. Kaylyn stifled the laugh that rose at the back of her throat. "We'd like a donut, a slice of cheese cake, and a milkshake please," she provided and the woman nodded after writing it down on a small notepad. She then left.

Faith rolled her eyes, the grin immediately disappearing from her face. "Gosh, I hate that bitch," she exclaimed in disgust.

"Why?" Kaylyn asked curiously.

She shrugged. "I just don't like her face and plus she's now my ex's girlfriend," she provided and Kaylyn laughed, shaking her head.

"Anyway, what's up? Why weren't you at your apartment?" she asked, arms folded on the table while she intently stared at her best friend.

Kaylyn cleared her throat, licking her lips. "I er..." she trailed off, feeling like a kid having to explain a bad deed to a parent.

"I moved in with Matthew," she blurted after a moment's pause.

"Y- You f*cking did what?" Faith hissed. Her voice wasn't loud and that was what scared Kaylyn. It was low, but held venom.

"I'm sure you heard me Faith," Kaylyn expelled sternly, straightening her posture.

"And I'm waiting for you to tell me it's a lame joke," she exclaimed.

"It's not," Kaylyn clarified.

"You moved in with him?" she said the words, and Kaylyn could see it created a bitter result on her tongue.

"I had to. He was making threats and he was using force, I had no choice left in the matter," Kaylyn explained.

"Making threats?" she asked, curiosity dripping from her voice.

Kaylyn scratched her head. "Let's not get into that. I'll be staying there, until he's convinced that I am fine. I will be fine."

"You can-" The girl came with their orders on a tray and Faith trailed off as soon as she came.

"Thank you," they both said in unison before the waitress left.

"You can't just move in with an engaged man," Faith continued ruefully.

"Don't you think I feel bad about that Fay, but I'm helpless at the moment," she exclaimed warily.

"You better know what you're doing, because those people will use their money to destroy people like us," she warned, and Kaylyn took a bite of the donut, knowing that her words were true.

#

Lilith Fisher dropped her bag on the small table as soon as she heard the phone ringing in the kitchen. Closing the door, she briskly walked in the direction.

"Honey you're home!" her husband, Patrick greeted her, descending the stairs.

"Didn't you hear the phone ringing," she huffed in frustration, sighing when the ringing stopped.

"I was coming down to answer," the middle aged man told her as he walked towards her.

He kissed her lightly on the mouth and moved towards the refrigerator. Lilith picked up the phone and sighed, wondering who it might've been.

"Have you eaten, dear?" she asked her husband.

"I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight," came the reply.

"Oh, that'd be-" The phone began to ring again, and unhesitatingly, she answered it.

"Fisher's residence," she announced.

Hello Lilith, a cheerful voice came. "It's Catherine"

"Oh, Catherine. Hello darling. How are you?" she asked, smiling at the pleasing surprise.

"Well, I'm not too well. I just called because I just recently found out you have a daughter," Catherine said on the other end.

The smile on Lilith's face dropped. "I- it's a matter I'd rather leave in the past dear," she said, batting her lashes.

Catherine knew that, but it was all she needed to ignite an old flame. "Oh, do you remember my fiancé Matthew?" she asked, changing the topic.

"Of course, when is the wedding?" she chirped in excitement.

"We haven't confirmed a date yet," she lied. "But we're planning an engagement party, we'd like for you and Patrick to come," her voice was gentle.

"Oh, Patrick and I would have to book a flight to New York, but we'll definitely be there. When is it?" she asked.

"I'll text you the details," Catherine provided.

"OK Darling. We'll chat soon." She said before disconnecting the call.

Catherine grinned on the other end. Her plan was working perfectly. After having a P.I pull up information about Kaylyn Fisher, she was surprised as well as ecstatic when she learned that her very good family friend- Lilith Fisher was the mother of the very same Kaylyn Fisher.

She wondered why Kaylyn was so lowly and her parents were rich business tycoons in California. Whatever the reason was, she was planning on finding out, because when old friends met after a long time- secrets were bound to spill. Soon, she would give Kaylyn Fisher the shock of her life and Matthew... He would also live to regret hurting her, but time was the master, and in time they'd know her wrath.

Catherine smiled, slowly spinning herself in the chair around her desk.

The game of revenge was going to be a sweet one, one she was positive on winning.

___________________________________

A/N: Hmmm...so Catherine is planning something. What do you guys think it is? Let me know in the comments.

Thankyou for reading!!! It can only get better guys, so stick around for more!!!

Until next time...
Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju