Chapter Twentyfour

A/N Hey guys, sorry for the late update, also sorry for the story vanishing, then reapearing but with the chapters in the wrong order, not my fault I swear!!! Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter and please comment/vote :)

Twenty Four

“I really wish we could have cleared the town.” I muttered as the number of infected in our way increased.

“Me too. But we were doing well keeping them away without having to mount a major offensive…” Kitty reasoned.

“Yeah I suppose.” I conceded, swerving to avoid a large group of Infected. “How are the others doing?” I asked.

“Fine, good speed, they’re keeping up.” Sandy said, not turning around from the back window.

“That’s good. That on the other hand is not.” I swore under my breath. Our way was blocked by a fallen telegraph pole.

“Maybe if we line up all three cars and push on the right hand side?” Kitty suggested.

“Yeah that might work, fuck I hop it works.” I added as one of the Infected let out a massive screech, calling all its friends for dinner.

“I’ll take some out from the sun roof.” Sandy said, unbolting the heavy metal grid that we’d reinforced the sunroof with.

“I’ll take the back window.” Kitty said, putting the shotgun up to her eye to aim.

I gestured to Zak and Chris who were both driving, trying to tell them Kitty’s plan with hand signals. A minute or so later both men nodded at me and slowly approached the fallen pole. Once we were all in position I nodded and slowly at first, we pushed on the fallen pole. We increased power until all three vehicles were smoking at the tyres, I was about to wave them off when finally it gave, the wire tangled around it that were holing it in place gave way and we lurched forward, me and Zak both stalling. I waved Chris forward, we were now surrounded by Infected and though Sandy, Kitty, Lily and Brian were all doing a good job shooting, we were close to being over whelmed.

“Sandy, get back in and bolt up.” I ordered, starting the pick up again. She climbed back in, quickly bolting up the sunroof. She soon began shooting from the back window with Kitty, stopping any Infected from climbing into the back of the pick up.

From far off to the left we heard a high-pitched scream, definitely not human and suddenly all the Infected just stopped.

“Alex get us out of here.” Kitty whispered.

We were all thinking the same thing. A Special. It had to be.

“What is that?” Jacob asked as we sped off down the road.

“Don’t know for sure, probably a Special, a Mutated, they’re the Infected but… More. They’re not as dumb, they’re bigger, stronger, faster and just a bigger pain in the ass. They’re really dangerous.”