Chapter Twenty-Five: Twitter

Chapter Twenty-Five

Zayn's P.O.V. 2012

"So you actually talked to her? That's where you disappeared to? Everyone was worried about you, Zayn! As much as we knew some crazed fans kidnapped you and took you home!" Liam reprimands me for the sixth time and I roll my eyes. There was no need for him to go mental over this. Bloody hell, I told him where I was going. If he actually listened instead of trying to baby us all he wouldn't have need to worry.

I choose to ignore him and scroll through my twitter. Since last night my notifications have blown up. Every guy and girl in the fandom is trying to figure out who this Diana girl is and why out of all the fans in the world she was the one I payed attention to the most. "So, what did you say to her?" Niall asks, adding his second slice of bread to his sandwich. I shrug, not really wanting to elaborate. Our conversation was between me and Diana, no one else. I wanted it to stay that way.

"Nothing, really." I lie.

"Bullsh-"

"Language!" Liam interjects.

Niall groans in disgust and ignores Liam. "Seriously, what did you talk about? You chatted our ears off this entire stretch of the tour and now you won't even share with us the details? That's wrong!" Louis shoves Niall and sends him a look.

"Shut it, Nialler. If Zayn wants to keep his filthy little secrets to himself let him." A cheeky smile plays on his lips and Harry chuckles at his comment. Grabbing a pillow, I toss it as his annoying head.

"She's fourteen, Lou. Nothing dirty happened. We just talked."

"So you're saying there was absolutely no physical contact?" Louis pries.

I don't say anything. I just return to my phone hoping that if I ignore him he will stop talking. It's worked before. "Zayn, there was something wasn't there?" Ugh, apparently not this time. I toss my phone to the side and slump into the sofa. Sighing, I run my fingers through my hair.

"It wasn't anything dirty. We just, you know, I gave her a kiss."

"You what?!" Niall, Harry, and Liam exclaim in unison. Here we go.

"Don't you know what will happen if the paps get a hold on that information? Simon will kill us!" Liam shouts.

"How did she react?" Niall questions.

"Was she a good snog?" Harry interjects.

"Shut up, Harry!" everyone responds. He silences himself.

"It's okay Liam, it's not like we're ever going to see each other again. She's not going to tell anyone. She seemed surprised, Niall. I think that was her first kiss. Harry, it wasn't a snog. It was barely even a peck on the lips. I just had to show her. She needed to know that she is beautiful. I just wish I could talk to her more. She didn't tell me anything and I want to help her."

Liam shoots up out of his seat. "No, no, no! You've done enough helping, Zayn! All you need to do is get past this and forget everything about that Diana girl."

"You don't know her!" I snap, infuriated by his careless words.

"Neither do you, Zayn! You talked to her for what? Five minutes? All you know is that she is some girl who gets bullied. Everyone gets bullied. I got bullied but I'm okay! She'll be okay. She doesn't need your help so forget about her, Zayn. You can't do anything for her." Liam storms out of the main room and shuts the door to his private quarters. I exhale in disgust and follow his lead. Grabbing my phone and Coke, I go to my room locking the door behind me.

I lie prone on the bed and stare at the ceiling. Part of me knows that what Liam is saying is true. However, that can't be the end of our friendship. She was hiding more than I originally thought and I needed to find out what it was. But how? As far as I knew she didn't even have a twitter. All the fans have been trying to find her but they can't. How am I supposed to find her if our fans, who can hack hotel security cameras, can't find her? I groan with frustration and sit up straight on the bed. A shower would help me clear my mind.

I strip my shirt off and step out of my joggers delicately. I walk to the loo in my boxers and look at my reflection in the mirror. Why was this girl driving me crazy like this? Usually I see fans on twitter and don't even think about what's going on in their personal lives. But Diana? There is something about her that cries out for help. That look in her eyes. Her eyes were so dazzling, sparkling with life. But, there was a fire dwindling behind them. She had life, but her hope seemed to be fading fast. Undoubtedly caused by the asses who criticized her.

What am I doing? I can't give up in finding her. I am Zayn Malik of One Direction. I have the best fans in the world. If anyone could find her for me, they can. I jog back to the bed room and retrieve my phone, opening up twitter once again. I begin typing out my message and smile in content. I read it over before pressing the tweet button.

zaynmalik1d: Hey guys! Do me a favor. Find Diana and tell her to contact me on here. Much love xx :)

Satisfied, I turn off my phone and switch on the shower water. Diana thought she saw the last of me. Soon she was going to find out she hasn't.

*Author's Note*

Hey everyone! Oh my goodness, I've written two chapter in less than a week and I am so proud of myself for that! Thank you all so much for your support! I'm going through my older chapters and editing to prepare for the publication later this summer. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to have to exclude One Direction from the published book because of copyright issues. But, if they find out about this book and like it I may not have to! I seriously doubt they will because this isn't super popular but my crazy dreamer side keeps thinking of how cool that would be! Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying so far. I absolutely love writing this story and I cannot wait to get down to the knitty gritty of the story. Please continue voting, sharing, and commenting! You guys are the absolute best and I could not ask for anything more than your undying support and love. I hope you guys are having a great Monday and I will update soon!

- Shelby xx