Chapter Eighteen: Recognization

Chapter Eighteen

Diana's P.O.V. 2012

      Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I try to steady my breathing and remain calm. My heart races at a hundred miles per hour in my chest. I don't need anyone to stare at me, but they already are. At least seven different girls watch me intently and I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands to capture any escaping tear drops.

       Compose yourself, Diana. Don't make yourself look weaker than you already are.

      From my spot in the line it will take at least an hour before I get to meet the band. I pull out my phone to check the time and find that it's dead. Great. Snapping it shut I slide it back into my jeans pocket wondering exactly how I'm going to pass the time.

      Suddenly, the whole crowd of girls explode into squeals and cries of excitement. Only feet away from me, two boys come out from behind the curtains and begin to wave. It's Harry and Niall. Niall's eyes gleam with happiness and Harry smirks when a group of girls scream out inappropriate things about certain parts of his anatomy.

      I can't help but smile from excitement when I see them. I wave back stupidly, as if they notice me in this sea of beautiful girls. Their eyes never meet mine but I don't care. I'll be meeting them in a matter of time and that's all that matters. Behind the boys a shadow moves and another face appears. He smiles widely and he scans the crowd.

      His eyes land on me and his smile fades.

      His eyebrows raise in surprise and he says something. I can't hear what he says over the screams of the girls but I am almost positive of what he says. I am also almost positive that what he says is impossible. Absolutely impossible.

      The security guards sweep the three back behind the curtain and soon the screaming dies down and everything returns to a gentle murmur of pre-adolescent voices. My heart still pounds in my chest. How? I'm sure I must have seen wrong. I had to. That's the only explanation. I am only imagining things.

      He must have said something else. That's it. Why else would Zayn Malik say that?

      Why would a member of One Direction call me by name?

*Author's Note*

Hey guys! It's finally summer! And I'm another year older! Whooooo!! So, I will be updating a lot more and hopefully finishing this book over the summer. I cannot believe all the feedback and support I am getting and I am beyond excited for the future of this book. I have been thinking about publishing once it is finished. But at the moment, I am so humbled by the fact that so many of you are reading my work and enjoying it. Thank you so much for everything! I cannot thank you all enough for it! Please vote, comment, share, and follow! I hope you guys enjoy!

- Shelby xx