Chapter 1

before you read, just remember this is completely unedited. I know i should really go through and edit, but i haven't had the time yet! anyways, i hope you enjoy!

Quick Synopsis:

"You really think you can shoot better than me?"

"I do," I said confidently, staring into his hazel eyes.

"Then bring it."

Dare (Darienne) Garrison is a total basketball fanatic.  But when she moves from New York to the small town of Stratsburg, she finds out there is no girls' basketball team at the high school she will be attending. This isn't an option for Dare. So she finds out, since there isn't a girls' team, she is allowed to tryout for the boys' team. So she does.

Dare had no idea how much drama this would cause.

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

"Don't practice till you get it right. Practice till you can't get it wrong."

                                                  -Unknown

I shot the basketball, my wrist flicking, into my nearly perfect follow-through. Swish.

Currently, I was outside, on the small driveway of my small, new, house, in a new, very small town. We'd just moved here to Stratsburg, from New York City. So yes, this was a big change for me.

Tommorow I would start school at Stratsburg High, but I hadn't even really unpacked yet. All I had unpacked was my basketball stuff, and some clothes.

I shot a few layups, and some more jumpshots, then decided I'd better get inside and unpack a little. Plus, it was getting pretty dark outside.

I went inside and went up to my room. This was an older house, so it's not like we got here and everything looked brand new. The walls in my room were painted a pale blue from what the previous owner had done, and there was also a small crack in one of the corners, on the cieling. The old owners had also left a full length mirror in the corner, and it was up against the wall. But So far I'd only set up my bed in the corner, and I had my bean bag chair out, but that was it. The rest of the room was covered in un-opened boxes.

I went over to a row of boxes labeled clothes, set one on my bed, and tore it open. I got out from it a hollister tee and some white shorts- I decided I would wear those tomorrow for school. For my hair I would probably just wear it up, like i usually did.

Just then I got a text from my best friend back in NYC, Isabella:

Isabella: How's little Stratsburg? Miss You! xoxo

Me: Miss you too ! Tell everyone on the team i say hi, including coach!

Isabella: Will do. :) have ya unpacked yet?

Me: Not really, haha. working on that now

I decided I should probably stop texting her and unpack. So I did. It took me nearly two hours to hang up all my clothes and hang up some posters.

******

My alarm rang, startling me from a deep sleep. Why was it ringing, anyways? Then it dawned on me- I had to go to school. So I got out of bed tiredly, and made my way across the little hallway to the shower. I was so tired.