Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I got up early in the morning since we had to dress for success today, for our big home game against Richland. I decided to actually do my hair for probably the first time since last year. It was weird. Last year, Back in New York, I had actually been a lot more girlier. I used to do my hair all the time, and I remember doing it in attempt to get Erron to like me. I rolled my eyes at the thought of that. Like doing my hair differently would make a guy like me. We had ended up dating though, so I guess it was okay.

I straightened my hair, but it took me awhile. After that I put on some eyeliner and mascara, but not that much. Just enough to make my eyes pop. When I was done with hair and makeup, I moved on to my outfit.

I pulled out a pencil skirt, a somewhat dressy top and leggings. I hadn't worn any of them since last year either. I put my favorite grey cardigan over top, and examined myself in them mirror. I looked really different, since I hadn't dressed up or done my hair in awhile. I hoped I didn't look too weird. I wondered what Link would think.

Once I got to school I went to my locker and I had extra time, so I decided to go look for Link. I found him with the other guys on the team, with Phillip, Darwin, Ron, and TJ. They were all dressed up, wearing buttondowns, vests, and dress pants. Link looked really nice in his vest.

"Hey guys," I said walking up to them all awkwardly. They said hi and Link turned and I felt his eyes roll over me, his mouth slightly open. I smirked, he was definitely checking me out.

"You- you look great," Link said awkwardly.

I laughed. "Thanks, you don't look bad yourself." I replied.

"Geez Link, stop eye-raping her," Phillip said. Link blushed but this made me laugh. Eye-raping? I had never heard that term before.

"Sorry, can't help it that my girlfriend's gorgeous," Link said, smiling.

"Aw," I said, he thought I was gorgeous!

"Somebody's whipped," Ron said. 

"Both of them are whipped, let's get out of here man," Darwin said, walking away with Ron. I rolled my eyes, Darwin was so stupid. Things were still awkward between us, and we had never really confronted what happened, when he kissed me. He was probably just avoiding us as a couple.

"Ready for the game today, babe?" Link asked me and we started walking down the hall, holding hands.

"Uh, to be honest, no," I said. I really wasn't up to par with my game at the moment.

"You'll be fine, you always are." He said supportively.

"Yeah, after getting stared at by everyone when I'm warming up," I said.

"Welp, that's what you get for playing a boys sport!" Link said, smirking. He was right.

The warning bell rang, and people started rushing to class. We were close to ours though, so it was okay. We weren't going to be late.

"Have you picked out a dress for the dance yet?" Link asked me.

"Shoot, no. And it's in two days, crap," I said. It was wednesday and the dance was on friday.

"It's fine, you got time. I just wanted to know what color you're wearing so I know what color to wear," Link said to me.

I smiled. Aww, we'd be all matchy-matchy!

"Okay! In fact, I'm going to text Cass right now and see if she'll go help me find a dress after school before game, even though she's already found hers," I said.

"Good idea," Link said.

"Speaking of Friday, that's when Jordana comes back," I said frowning.

"What am i gonna do?" I pondered. I was not looking forward to her being back at school.