Chapter 30 (LINKS POV)

hey guys! the last chapter got WAY over the vote goal i had for it, so i'm rewarding you all for being such great fans with this awesome chapter in Link's POV. :)

Chapter 30 

I was in the locker room when the lights went out.

"Oh shit," I heard Phillip say. It was just me,  him and Zack in here right now.

"Great, just great. Now, on top of this bad day, we get to practice in a dark gym," I said, knowing my dad wouldn't call off practice just because it would be a little dark in the gym. Sure, the windows gave some light, but that much.

"Why was your day so bad anyways?" Zack asked me, starting to lace up his ankle braces.

"It's a long story," I commented, not really feeling like talking about it right now.

"Come on, tell us, we got time," Phillip persisted. I sighed.

"Fine. Well I told Dare I didn't wanna be in a relationship because of basketball. Which is reasonable, right? Can't let a girl get in the way of my game." I started.

"Man, you are so stupid," Phillip said, and Zack nodded.

"What? Shut up, let me finish! Anyways, so the rest of the day she started giving me death glares. Then, at the end of the day, I saw her kissing Darwin, of all people. I mean, he kissed her, and she pushed him off, but still. Why the fuck would they be kissing? So then, next thing I know, I'm kissing Jordana," I explained.

"That's fucked up man, so do you think you have feelings for Jordana?" Zack asked.

"Psh, no. I was just mad at Dare i guess at the moment so i took out my emotions by kissing," I said.

"You're an idiot, Link. If she was mad at you then she's probably even more mad now," Phillip said.

"So...i mean Jordana's a great kisser, but that kiss didn't mean anything," I said.

"Maybe not with Jordana, but let's be honest Link, you were just trying to make Dare jealous, because you have feelings for her." Phillip said, and Zack nodded.

"I know," I said, admitting it to myself and them. What I was afraid of had happened, I caught feelings for her.

Just then Ron burst into the locker room, loud and obnoxious as always, pretty much ending our conversation, Thank God. I didn't feel like talking about feelings or emotions or whatever, that was just some girly stuff.

"You guys better get out there quick. Coach is about to walk in!" Ron said loudly, then left again.

I sighed, we'd completely lost track of time. I tied my left basketball shoe then got up to leave.

***

Practice went by pretty fast with the lights off, but I couldn't stop thinking about Dare.... mainly because she hadn't been there. Where the hell could she have been? The whole practice I pondered about it then when I was in the locker room alone it dawned on me.

The power was out. Her prankers had done something. I knew, that it had to be it. Panick swept over me. She had to be in the school somewhere, tied up, or locked up, or even worse, what if they had knocked her out again?

I finished taking off my basketball shoes fast and practically sprinted out of the room. I had to find her. Even if things weren't good with us right now. If something happened to her I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Where ya going so fast, Linky boy?" I heard one of the guys on the team shout after me, but I ignored them, and kept going.

I searched the hallway outside the locker room first, looking for any signs of evidence, but found none. Also, this hallway was extremely dark with the power out and it was hard to see. I could hear the winds outside roaring as I moved on.