Chapter 14: Of Spies and Family

A/N: *le gasp* An upload! Actually, it's still pretty short. I decided to break it up into two chapters, just so I could give you something today. :/ Life has been super hectic, and I accidentally made myself sick because of the pressure. So, yes, for now, uploads will be slower. Next chapter should be longer, instead of this one being really long. But for now, please be happy! :D Refavoment if you love me! (or my stories. If you don't love me, I understand... *sniffles and retreats to corner*

~~~

Draco glared at the sixth year clasped tightly in the hands of the angry Marauders, and the boy glared back. "I should have known," Draco muttered, as the boy sneered at him. "Mason Harwin."

"Surprised, Malfoy?"

"That's Potter to you," Draco drawled, pleased by the scowl that deepened on the other's face.

"You're a filthy traitor, that's what you are," Mason snarled. "If it weren't for you, and your disgusting affections for that imbecile Potter, the Dark lord would have won, and the Death Eaters would have been honored above all others. You could have had glory and fame, traitor, but you threw it all away. You angered them, you know." He smirked at Draco. "You will pay for what you did, no doubt about it. Catching me will be but a minor setback. Don't let down your guard yet, Potter." He spat the name derisively.

"Who sent you?" Draco demanded, ignoring the empty threats for now.

"Who else? Your father of course."

Draco stepped forward, grabbing the other's jaw in an iron grip. Mason hissed with pain, but did not flinch. "He is not my father," Draco seethed. "That man tried to have my husband and my child killed. He is of no relation to me."

"Pity you share the same blood. At least you'll know how to raise your child properly. Make sure they learn some humility, eh? A little smack here, a Crucio there..." A crack echoed through the corridor, and Mason sagged in Neville and Dean's arms, pain momentarily stunning him. Draco shook his hand, the punch having sent a shockwave of tingles down his arm.

"I am not my father," he snapped in a deadly quiet voice. "If my father has taught me anything, it is how not to raise a child."

"But you'll probably end up acting like your father anyways," Mason retorted, a bit of blood dribbling from his split lip. He spat at Draco's feet. "It's how you were raised; it will spill over into your actions now. You can't escape that."

Draco's blood ran cold. Was Mason right? Would he end up unintentionally acting like his father? They shared the same blood after all, and Draco might have inherited his father's anger...

No, Draco. You are better than him.

Harry's voice echoed softly in his mind, and Draco realized his Inima had been listening in for some time. Hearing Harry's reassurance soothed him somewhat, though he still wondered if he was worthy of the trust and faith Harry put in him.

You are. You are my Inima, the man I married. You are gentle, and kind, and I have no doubt that you will be a great father to our Lily.

Draco smiled inwardly, grateful to Harry for his soft assurance, and grateful to Fate for ever having given him the chance at having such a wonderful Inima.

A brief struggle from Mason drew his attention, and Draco pulled out his wand. "You're in a school full of wizards and witches, and you try to escape from them?" Draco scoffed. "You're stupider than I thought."

"Obviously not as stupid as you," Mason cackled. "Like I said, I'm the least of your problems. Go on then, take me to Dumbledore. Throw me in Azkaban. I won't be there long." He sneered again, and worry again flowed over Draco. What did the Slytherin mean?

"I'm assuming you won't tell us anything about what your orders were?"

"Outside of trying to rid the world of that bloody Gryffindor and his filthy spawn? Nope."

"Do not talk of my daughter that way," Draco growled.

"Ooh, touchy subject, hm? What would happen if something were to happen to your precious cub? I imagine it would be a bit of a shock-"

This time, Draco's fist knocked him out, and Ernie and Seamus stepped forward to help bear the added dead weight. "Your father couldn't have picked a lighter spy?" Seamus groaned.

Draco waved him off. "At least we discovered the spy's identity. We should get him to Dumbledore. Did you take his wand?" Luna held up the oak wood wand.

"I also caught a glimpse of his left arm. It had a Dark mark on it," she said grimly. "I'm not surprised he was working for your father. He's one of them. Guess he wasn't at the big battle. Voldemort must not have trusted him as much."

Made sense. Draco had suspected Mason was a Death Eater. "Good. Alright, go ahead and bind him before taking him then. I'm going to go check on Harry." The four boys nodded, and leaving Pansy, Blaise, and Hermione to stay with Draco, the Marauders 'escorted' Mason down the hall.

"Who was it?" Harry asked, when they returned to Harry and Draco's common room.

"Mason Harwin, a rather shifty sixth year Slytherin I never liked nor trusted," Draco sighed. "I'm not surprised it was him. He was one of the suspects I had in mind."

They all sat, each silent for a moment. "So what now?" Harry asked. "I don't think this is over."

"You're probably right, but let's not get paranoid." Draco smiled down at Harry. "Now that the spy is out of the way, I think we can finally relax for a while." Harry nodded happily, cradling Lily in his arms.

"I think it's about time we were able to breathe easy," he agreed. "And the Marauders can have a rest at last."

"I daresay they will be disappointed," Hermione mused. "I think they were talking about continuing to keep watch, even though there isn't any obvious danger right now."

Harry frowned. "But I'd hate to ask them to do that," he murmured. "Draco and I can look out for ourselves and Lily just fine."

"But, Harry, I think they want to."

"Why? Don't they want to go back to the way things were?" Hermione shook her head, and Harry sighed. "We'll see then." He looked up at Draco, who shrugged slightly.

"Well, what about babysitters?" Again, the two boys looked at each other. Hermione smiled smugly. "Lucky for you, you have plenty of willing babysitters to look out for Lily if you need it."

"But I want her to be near me," Harry pouted, clutching his daughter protectively. Surprisingly, it was Draco who spoke next.

"Actually, it's a good idea." Harry's eyes shot up incredulously. Draco sighed. "Harry...there's something you need to do, and I don't think taking Lily along will be a good idea."

"What's that?"

"Something I hope to do someday. I want you to make peace with your family. Or in the very least, confront your uncle."

Harry's eyes widened, and Draco immediately felt the fear sweep over him. "I can't," Harry whimpered.

"I think you can," Draco said soothingly, wrapping his arm around Harry and holding him close. "I'll be there with you...Nothing bad will happen...I'll make sure of it."

Harry buried his face in Draco's shoulder, trying to keep his composure, as Hermione glanced at Pansy and Blaise. Each of them understood Harry's fear; they'd all heard the story at one point. Each felt sympathy as well. "Harry, I think it'll be good for you," Pansy spoke up softly. "It'll help you come to terms with your past...you won't want anything left unresolved in your past, if you want to be able to raise Lily properly."

Harry shuddered, but nodded silently, his face never leaving Draco's shoulder. The blonde sighed again, and rubbing soothing circles in Harry's back, murmuring comfort and encouragement.

Harry was going back to his childhood. This time, he would not be alone.

~~~

Chapter End Notes: Oops. Forgot to actually make it public. :3 My bad. Next chappie, Harry meets his family again. Dun dun dun....