Chapter 9: Another Spy, Another Obstacle, Another Abnormality

A/N: Dedicated to Lemon_lime for her loyal comments and reads. :) Thankie mucho!

~~~

Laughter startled them both. Draco and Madame Pomfrey turned to see Harry laughing. “You guys are hilarious,” he chuckled, gasping for breath. “Nice acting…did you come up with that one, Draco?”

Slowly, the smile on his face faded, as both Draco and Madame Pomfrey shared an incredulous look. “Harry-” Draco began.

“You’re not joking, are you?” Draco sighed, and shook his head. Harry paled, and crossed his arms over his stomach, in a semi-protective guesture.

“I can’t be…that’s impossible. I can’t be…pregnant.” He whispered the final word, as if it was a curse.

“Actually, it is possible,” Madame Pomfrey said quietly. “If a wizard takes a fertility potion, he becomes extremely fertile, and able to become pregnant for a week.”

“But I didn’t take a fertility potion…”

“That you know of,” Draco finished for him. Harry’s eyes shot up to meet his husband’s, and he paled at the knowing expression on Draco’s face. “My father did this,” he whispered. “He must have drugged your food somehow…there’s no other explanation.”

“There’s another spy in our midst,” Harry whispered. Draco nodded slowly.

“There must be.”

Pomfrey looked confused, but ignored it. “Harry, now that you are pregnant, many things are going to have to change,” she said gently.

“How so? And how does that explain why I was so sick earlier?”

Madame Pomfrey sighed, and motioned to them to follow her into her office. She closed the door and threw up a Silencing charm, before sitting behind her desk, allowing the two boys to sit by each other on a small loveseat she had in the small room.

“Harry, your illness only further proves your pregnancy. I suspect it is what women call ‘morning sickness’. Heard of it?” A tentative nod from both young men. “Don’t worry, it should only last for a few more weeks. Although, it’s a good thing. Morning sickness means the baby is healthy.”

Alright, that was good…as weird as the whole situation was, and as potentially disastrous…Harry found himself glad about the whole thing. He and Draco were going to have a baby…the idea both terrified and thrilled him.

Draco sensed the mixed emotions, and began to feel the same way himself. Even though his father could potentially hurt their child…it was their child. He and Harry would have a family…it made him all warm and fuzzy inside, in a way that would have made him want to puke if it weren’t so pleasant.

“Anyways, other things you’ll experience as the baby grows include mood swings, craving, and swelling of the ankles and feet. You’ll definitely feel discomfort at times, but hopefully Draco and your friends can help make it easier on you, Harry. Your back is going to be sore from all the extra weight, and you’ll find yourself needing to use the loo a lot more often.”

Okay…not fun. Harry grimaced. “What else?” he asked wryly. Madame Pomfrey’s features grew serious.

“The thing that makes wizard pregnancies so rare,” she began slowly, “is the danger that is presented to both parent and child. First of all, it is very likely that the baby will be born premature, though hopefully, with potions and such, we can put off the birth as long as possible. Miscarriage is also a very real possibility right now. You must be as careful as possible if you want this baby to survive.” She studied the two. Both were pale, as each considered the possibilities. A reassuring smile spread across her face. “I’m sure you’ll be fine…I’m just letting you know what could happen. You're a Viatacatre...you should be stronger than most wizards. You've got everything going for you.”