Chapter 10: Spy Attack

A/N: Dedicated to ElleLoughran, because frankly, I'm now terrified of her. Have you been taking lessons from Zwerple? :) Love ya both! And thanks, Elle, for being such a great fan and an amazing person.

Also...sorry about the shortness...and the cliffie. :) I felt like it. Plus, I wanted y'all to have a quick update, and I wasn't sure when my next update would be. So...Refavoment! The more votes, the quicker the update (if homework is light)!

~~~

Harry Potter pregnant!!! Potter family thrilled!!!

The dark clouds are rolling away, and a patch of sunlight is shining through. Earlier this week, yours truly discovered an astonishing secret: the famous Savior of the Wizarding World, Harry Potter, is pregnant! The brave hero himself, accompanied with his husband and Inima Draco Potter nee Malfoy, agreed to give an exclusive interview to this inquisitive reporter for the Daily Prophet.

When asked about a reason as to the sudden pregnancy, Harry replied with a laugh. “What better way to show that we can recover from the recent war than by starting a family?” he asked. “If Draco and I can start again, so can the rest of the Wizarding World, even amidst our grieving.”

And so we can, my loyal readers. Even though we have just survived the darkest war of our time, we managed to vanquish the Dark lord, and so gained the opportunity to rebuild; an opportunity that many fine wizards and witches will never be able to experience. I challenge you, loyal readers, to go about your lives, living the life that people like Mr. Potter fought for you to have.

The best of wishes go out to Harry Potter, that he may have a successful pregnancy, and that a healthy new addition be made to the family. Already, students and faculty at Hogwarts are holding their breaths, anxious for the baby and for Harry. This is happy news indeed, and just what a world starving for happiness needs.

For the full interview with the Potter family, see page 3. For more information on grief counseling and other resources for those touched by the war, see page 6.

Article Author: Rita Skeeter, reporter for the Daily Prophet

~ + ~

There was a muted thud, and a louder oath. Draco raised an eyebrow, warily pushing open the door to the bedroom. He ducked, as a shoe flew past his head. “Harry?” he asked, crossing his arms and standing in the doorway. “Is there a reason why our room looks like a storm passed through?”

Clothes were strewn everywhere, and the culprit was standing by the wardrobe, a frown on his face. “None of them fit,” Harry growled, crossing his own arms over his swollen belly. The rapid growth of it had caught him off guard, for it had only been three months; how much bigger could he get in another two months? All but a few of his clothes didn’t fit him anymore. Only the old hand-me-downs from Dudley and some old sweatpants fit. Even those were a little tight. He’d been resigned to wearing his baggier robes. “I’m fat,” he wailed, plopping down on the edge of the bed.

Draco fought the urge to roll his eyes. Honestly, he could put up with the weird cravings, and the lethargic days, but a moody Harry was not fun. Careful not to enrage Harry, Draco made his way over to the bed and sat beside Harry, wrapping an arm around his thickening waist. “Harry, you’re not fat,” he sighed. Harry let out a stubborn huff. “That’s our baby in there…are you calling our child fat?”

“No…” Harry said slowly.

Draco set a gentle hand on Harry’s stomach. There was a feather-like kick, and, as always, it thrilled him. “Sure, you can’t fit your clothes now, but that’s because you’re carrying another being inside of you. C’mon, Harry, you should be happy! In two months, we’ll have a baby!” Harry grimaced.