Chapter 1: Siren of Death

A/N: So, THIS IS A SEQUEL. If you are reading this, and haven't read Escaping Darkness, you will be completely confused. :3 Um...Warnings: this story contains a malexmale relationship, male pregnancy (they are wizards after all), violence, and hints at a dark past. If you no likey, you no read-y. Um...what else...read, fan, vote, and comment if you like. Refavoment! :D I forgot what else I needed to say...whatevs. Ciao, loves!

~~~

It had been months since Harry Potter had defeated the Dark lord, destroying himself in the process. His body was buried in a small cemetery near the Burrow, and his grieving husband and Inima, Draco Malfoy, was attending Hogwarts for his final year.

However, this year was turning out to be anything but ordinary. Draco was currently staring at a young woman, who had appeared out of the bonding ring he wore on his finger.

“I bring you a message from your Inima.”

Draco couldn’t breathe. “Harry?” he whispered, so quietly Hermione barely heard him from her position beside him.

“Yes.”

“But he’s dead.” Draco’s eyes hardened. “What kind of sick joke is this? Are you some simple charm that someone rigged? If so, I swear, I’m going to track them down and-”

“I am not a joke, nor a spell. I come from the Land of the Dead.” Draco stopped, mid-sentence, eyeing her oddly.

“If you’re from the Land of the Dead, you can answer my question…yes?”

The woman nodded slowly. “Perhaps.”

“Why can’t I die?” Hermione looked at him sharply, but Draco ignored her. The woman chuckled softly, her laugh every bit as musical as her voice.

“Your Inima can better explain that than myself. It is nothing to do with the Land of the Dead, but rather the matter lies in the heart of hearts itself.”

“Why are you guys never clear?”

“Draco Malfoy, you are an Inima.” No duh, he wanted to retort. “As an Inima, there are special rules by which you live. Your particular Inima happens to be a Viatacatre as well. That fact, in addition to the ring on your fingers, and the pendant around his neck, all play a part in your life or death. The answer you seek can best be answered by Harry, as I said before. The matter lies in the heart of hearts.”

Draco fought to keep from rolling his eyes. “Look, I don’t know what you are, or even who you are-”

“I am Sirene De Moarte. But you may call me Sirena.”

I don’t care what I can call you; I don’t even know what that means, Draco thought in annoyance. As if she had heard his thoughts, the woman spoke again.

“I am the Siren of Death. I call to those whose time it is to leave this world, and journey to the Land of the Dead. I comfort those who have died before their time, and I ferry souls from one world to the next.”

Whoop-de-do.

“You said you had a message from Harry?” interrupted Hermione. Draco looked at her incredulously.

“You mean you believe her?” he asked in a low whisper, leaning close.

“Of course I do. Don’t tell me you’ve never heard of Sirena?”

“No…”

“Come now. You’re a Pureblood, you have to have grown up hearing about her.”