GH 4

This one's under construction.
---

I sighed deeply as I entered the elevator. Eris told me that Paul is at the lobby waiting to see me. Although this is unusual of him – going here and asking to meet me - I guess this is okay since I don’t have to wait for that appointment to explain things.

My eyes scanned the company cafeteria and immediately found him. Since its past lunch time, the dining hall is almost empty.

“Hey,” he politely greeted and pulled out a chair for me.

“Good afternoon, Paul” I greeted back.

“I already ordered us drinks. Anything else you like?” His eyes darted at the ring on my finger. He squinted at me upon seeing it. “So, the rumors are true?”

I looked up to meet his eyes.

“What specific rumor? You know there are a lot of rumors about me.”

He nodded slowly at my response. “You’re married,” he stated throwing my ring a glance.

“Yes, I am” I answered nonchalantly. “You should stop the flowers. I don’t want another rumor spreading.”

“I wanted to ask questions but knowing you? You wouldn’t entertain them,” he retorted shaking his head.

“Good to hear that you know.”

“Can we at least eat together?”

“Nah. Come on, Paul. This isn’t like you.”

He smirked. “Yeah, that Montereal is a lucky guy, huh?”

My brows knotted at what he said. The news are spreading this fast even though we made sure that the wedding ceremony was private. We didn’t even invite people outside of family.

“Excuse me, Ms. Celine” I threw Mr. Domeng, my driver a glance. “Can we leave the building now?” He said in an urgent voice.

I automatically looked around the place and prepared myself.

“Is there a problem?” I asked suddenly feeling panicky. Mr. Domeng has been with our family for 12 years and not once did this happen.

“Is something wrong, Celine?” Paul asked.

Mr. Domeng, who looks nervous, answered that there is an emergency in their house which made me immediately rise from my seat.

“I see,” I said while picking up my things. Paul stood up and helped me. “Ah, you can go now, Mr. Domeng. I can ask just drive myself at home.”

“It’s okay, Ms. Celine. Sir Carl strictly ordered to drive you home safely.”

Ordered? He said that?

I wanted to argue that I am his boss and not my husband but that would sound childish. I also don’t want to give Paul a wrong idea so I shut my mouth.

I turned to face Paul to clear things out once again. “I apologize for this, Paul. Do you have any other things you wanna say?”

He chuckled at that. “You’re cruel, aren’t you?”

“Paul-”

“I understand,” he uttered cutting me off. “No more flowers for you.”

“Thank you then”

I was concentrating on walking fast when I noticed Mr. Domeng looking worried. I stopped and turned to him.

“You can go now, Mr. Domeng. Carl wouldn’t know a thing,” I insisted. “And I’m your employer; he can’t do anything to you.”

“I’m fine, Ms. Celine. I also wanted to make sure you’re home safe,” the old man smiled sincerely but I can’t just let this go.

I can drive. I am perfectly fine and I don’t want Mr. Domeng thinking about my safety while something is going on with his family.

I can’t take that.

“I also want to go to the grocery store. So, I’m suggesting you go home now. You know how much time I consume in buying things, right?”

Now, the old man looks problematic.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Celine. I can assist you now. The emergency has been taken care of-”

I looked around the parking lot when I felt a tickle on my nape - as if someone is staring at me. I hushed Mr. Domeng and directed him to go towards the car. He followed without complains.

I can’t be wrong about this. I usually feel this kind of tickle on my nape when someone is watching me. This typically happens in company gathering when a lot of people throw me curious looks and it never bothered me.

This however is different since there’s no one around us.

I immediately went inside the car and ordered Mr. Domeng to lock the doors.

“Is there a problem, Ms. Celine?”

“Someone’s watching us,” I retorted. “Let’s go, I will call the security guards to check the parking lot.”