Chapter Seventeen.

Josh's POV

"I'm going to miss you so much, Emilee," I told her.

"I'll miss you too! Ugh I hate goodbyes!"

"Everyone does," I hugged her. "But it isn't going to be long until you come back, right?"

"Yeah, two weeks."

"Well have fun in Cancun without me," I frowned. 

"I'll try, but that's going to be a challenge."

"You'll survive."

"Yeah, but when I come back, grad and prom will be in a few weeks! Time passes by so fast, it felt like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant," Emilee said with tears in her eyes.

I pulled her in for another hug. "It's going to be okay, I love you."

"I love you too, Josh," Emilee said and she kissed me.

She walked to her car where her family waited for her. She opened the door and she was just about to close it then she did a small wave and a smile then she closed the door.

Her vehicle drives away and I watched her leave.

I didn't like this feeling; knowing I wouldn't be able to see Emilee for two weeks.

I walked back into my house.

My life would be pretty boring without Emilee. All that I'd basically do was school work and such.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out. It was a text message from Emilee.

E: I need to tell u something

J: Tell away

E: Remember that day I ditched you for Chris?

J: Yep

E: At the end, he kissed me and we were still dating

J: Why didn't you tell me sooner?

E: I knew u'd b mad and ya

J: U didn't kiss him back right?

E: Correct

J: I've gotta handle some business so I'll talk to you later. Love you.

I threw my phone onto my bed with anger. I was so mad! Chris was defiantly going to be a deadman now.

___

I texted Chris to meet me at the park and now I'm here waiting for him.

I was furious. I couldn't wait to get my hands on him.

I saw Chris show up and I made my way over to him.

"Dude, why do you look so mad?" Chris asked.

I punched him as hard as I could straight on his jaw. He fell to the ground and spit some teeth out as he got up.

He jumped on me then I was on the ground with Chris on top of me. He was sitting on my stomach and punched me square on my nose. The pain hurt really bad that I thought it was broken.

He kept throwing punches my way and I tried defending myself by putting my hands over my face. He got off and kicked me with all his mite. His foot landed on my ribs and I yelled out in pain.

He got back on me and sat right where he kicked my rib and it was so painful.

I pushed him off and got on top of him and threw the hardest punch I had ever done straight on his nose and blood gushed out.

After a while, he got upand took my head and smashed it on the playing equipment.

I felt so dizzy and fell to the ground. He did one more punch and it felt as if I was going to die.

My eyes slowly started to close and Chris had gone away.

My eyes were almost fully shut when Emilee appeared by my side and stroke my hair. She didn't say anything but she looked disappointed. I wasn't able to move at all. Emilee slowly bent down and kissed my lips lightly and after that, she faded away. She must have been imaginary then or something.

My eyes closed and all that was left was darkness.

___

Haley's POV

How could she not believe me? I'm her best friend! Best friends trust each other but Emilee just had to choose Josh over me! After twelve years of being best friends, she stabs my back.

Well I could care less right now, considering she lost her best friend.

Am I making such a big deal about it? I mean, I've dated guys that she didn't like.

Well, when Josh played with me, it was torture. He "proved" that he loved me and I fell for it, then we did inappropriate things and I fall pregnant with him.

I couldn't tell Emilee because now she was pregnant and she'd be so mad. But luckily I had an abortion.

*Flashback*

Grade the. Finally, I'm not a freshman anoymore. I felt a bit old to be fifth-teen already.

"Hey, Haley!" Emilee squealed.

"Excited much?"

"Nope, nervous though," Emilee responded.

"Why?"

"Why do you think, Hals?"

"I don't know, that's why I asked," I answered.

"Because new school year, cute guys."

"Ha, wanna make a bet?" I asked.

"Depends."

"I bet I'll get a boyfriend before you do!" I said as I closed my locker.

"Deal," We shook hands.

Just then, I was shoved into my locker.

"Watch where you're going!" I said with an annoyed voice as I turned around.

My jaw dropped. Josh Michaels.

"I'm sorry, I was shoved. I won't let it happen again," Josh said.

I always thought Josh as hot but he is dating that Mary chick.

Josh sent me a wink as he walked away.

"I freaking hate that jerk!" Em told me.

"Haha, yeah, same," I said in my lying voice as I quickly walked to my class.

*One day later*

I received a phone call and quickly answered it.

"Haley speaking."

"Hey Haley," I heard a familiar voice. "I was wondering if you'd like to hangout today?"

"Sure, Josh."

And then we watched a movie at his place and started making out then we ended up in bed together.

The very next day, Josh was with another girl, kissing in the halls. I was devastated. How could he have played me like that.

Three weeks later, I was vomiting all morning and mom took me to a doctor.

Turns out I was three weeks pregnant.

I got an abortion as fast as I could. Emilee never knew about any of that and I don't ever plan on telling her.

I won the bet between me and Emilee though.

*End of flashback*

I was on a walk with myself, because I was still upset about Emilee.

I walked passed her house and saw no one there. They must have been on that Cancun trip or something.

I arrived at the park after a bit and saw a lifeless body on the ground with blood everywhere.

I quickly ran over and saw it was Josh. I didn't have my car so I took my phone out of my pocket and called the police.

After a few minutes, an ambulance and police showed up.

"Ma'am, do you know what happened to this man?" A police officer asked while the paramedics dealed with Josh.

"No, I got here and saw blood everywhere and a body."

After a lot of answeringquestionns, they put Josh in the ambulance. They asked if I'd like to come and I agreed.

The paramedics were doing things on Josh who was oh so very pale.

We arrived after a bit and they rushed Josh into the hospital and told me to wait in the waiting room.
I felt bad for the guy, I know he ripped my heart out and everything but I feel bad for him.

Maybe I should call Emilee?

I took out my phone and walked out of the hospital.

I dialed Em's number and waited for her to pick up.

"You've reached Emilee's cell phone, I am unavailable right now so could you please leave me a message, Thanks!" Beep.

"It's Haley. Josh is in the hospital. Call me back when you get this."

I walked back into the hospital. Just then, a doctor came and wanted to talk to me.

"We predict he was beaten up. The tests show that he has a broken nose, broken ribs and he has a concussion so he is currently sleeping to rest."

"Thank you for keeping me updated," I told Doctor Oz (According to his name-tag) with a weak smile.

"You may go and see Joshua, if you'd like," Ozzy said and I walked away a bit until he said, "You're his girlfriend, right? Because he's been murmering things about a girlfriend."

"No, I'm not," I said as I kept walking towards the room.

I entered and saw Josh in the corner on a hospital bed. I walked closer and saw he had something on his nose and a huge black eye. He was more pale than a ghost.

Beep beep, beep beep.

My phone vibrated and I took it and answered. "Haley speaking."

"Why's Josh in the hospital?" Emilee asked really quickly that it took me a few seconds to figure out what she asked.

"He was attacked."

"Why? By who?"

"I don't know, I'll send you a picture of him," I found it awkward talking to Emilee again. I ended the call and took a picture of Josh and sent it to Emilee.

___

Emilee's POV

Tears welled in my eyes as I saw the picture of Josh.

Who could have done it? Why would they hav-

Chris...

I thought of Chris when I asked myself those questions.

"Emma, why are you crying, hun?" Mom asked as I felt warm tears rush down my cheek.

I showed her the picture because I couldn't say words, I would only cry more.

Mom's face fell and a frown formed on it. She oulled me in for a hug.

My throat burned and tears came rushing down my cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Mel asked as she appeared in the room.

Everything stayed quiet for a little bit.

"Mom, can I please go back? I need to be with him!" I begged.

"I'm sorry honey, you're going to have to wait for two weeks."

"But mom!" I whined while crying and sniffing.

"I think you should go to bed now," Mom said as she kissed my forehead.

Mom tucked me in and then Melissa came in and sat beside me and tried comforting me.

I cried myself to sleep, only thinking of my love, Josh.

___

Haley's POV

Josh's parents and his brother showed upon his room. His mom and brother were in tears and it was easy to tell that his father was fighting them.

I left them alone with Josh so I went home and to bed.

___

I woke up and took my phone. Thirty-four texts and six missed calls all from Emilee.

They were all asking how Josh was doing if he broke anything and such.

I told her that he had a broken nose, broken ribs, huge black eye, and is in s coma.

That got me thinking, who or what could have done this?

Why would they have?

I bet the police were trying to figure it out.

I couldn't cry, knowing how bad he hurt me, I couldn't cry over him.

I went back to the hospital to see if Josh had woken up yet. I walked in and saw his eyes were still shut. He must still be in his coma.

Josh's parents were straight by him, looking down at their paralyzed son while Josh's brother, Dylan I believe, was sitting in the corner looking depressed.

Josh's parents looked up and gave me a weak smile. "Hi, Haley."

"Has anything changed with Josh yet?" I asked curiously.

"No, still the same, unfortunately," His mom answered.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll make it, I mean he's though enough to make it."

"I just really want my Joshy-poo to wake up already. It's been a day but it feels like a year," Josh's mom cried twice as hard as before.

The next few days passed, and Josh still wasn't awake. That concussion must have been really bad then but they put him in a coma so he should wake up shortly.

I still went to school, because exams were just weeks away so I needed a lot of studying to do. After exams, comes graduation and prom. Oh, I was excited but scared, even though I did get accepted into NYU.

Everything for my life was about to change, and I wish I was a little kid again.

Right now, I was at Emilee's house because I promised her mom I'd take care of the mail they would receive while they were gone.

I took it out of their mailbox and felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Caleb Johnson.

Emilee told me how he had feelings for her and such.

"Holly, right?" Caleb asked.

"Haley," I corrected.

"Right."

"What do you want?"

"To get to know you," He replied.

"I don't want to know you," I said coldly.

"Why you gotta be hating?"

"Remember Emilee? I'm her best friend, well ex best friend now..."

"Emilee Pearson?"

"No shit," I told Caleb as I walked towards my car but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. "Let go of me."

Before I could take his wrist and snap it around, Caleb pressed his lip on mine and I pushed him away and he fell to the ground. He stared at me blankly then he got up and walked towards me.

I slapped him so hard, that my hand was hurting so bad and it was red and I saw his cheek was too. I walked to my car and got in. He had a smirk on his face as I drove off.

I arrived at the hospital to see Emilee at the front desk.

"Emilee?" I questioned.

"Haley?"

"What are you doing here?"

"My mom let me go because I kept complaining how I felt and yeah," Emilee replied.

"Oh, wanna go to Josh's room?"

"What else?"

We walked to the room, which wasn't too far away. We walked in and Emilee had so many tears in her eyes as she saw Josh. She ran to him and cried.

Josh's parents were there and so was Dylan.

"Emilee, could we talk with you for a second?" Josh's mom asked Em.

"Sure," She replied while wiping away her tears.

"Hey, Dylan," I smiled weakly as I saw him stand by Josh's limp body.

"Hi Haley."

Emilee walked in and headed straight towards Josh.

She took his hand and held it as tears popped out of her eyes and landed onto Josh.

"He's awake!" Emilee screamed with a smile forming on her face.

*********

Dedicated to cittycait because she's amazing. (:

Thank youuu all sosososososososooooooooooooooo much.... ;)

I love you alllllll !! Minus Elizabeth.. O: