Chapter Seven.

Melissa gave me a ride home but it was silent.

I went straight to bed when I got home and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up at nine. Way too early. I took a shower, had breakfast, brushed the teeth, straightened the hair, put clothes on, etc.

I wanted to stay as far away from Josh as I could. So I went to the Johnson's.

Caleb answered the door.

"What brings you to my house?" Caleb asked.

"My legs," I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, happy birthday!" He yelled, while hugging me.

"Uh, thanks. Can I hang with you today?"

"Yeah, sure," he told me.

"Awesome."

For a bit, we walked downtown and to stores.

"I LOVE THAT STORE! Let's go in it! Come on!" I was excited, as you can tell.

It was a jewellery store, and I was madly in love with it!

I ran in and looked and saw the perfect necklace, it was meant for two people and half said I lo and the other half said ve you.

"We have to get that, like friendship necklaces!" I told him.

"Okay, let me buy it," Caleb offered.

"NO! I want to because it was my idea!"

"Fine."

I got the necklaces and brought them to the cashier.

"Your total is seventeen dollars, and fourtenn cents," the cashier told me.

I counted my money and was about to pay her when Caleb did.

"Caleb!" I whined.

"It would be terrible of me to let you pay."

"Guys are so confusing..." I rolled my eyes.

The cashier gave Caleb his change and we left the store.

"Okay, you get to choose the next store because I chose the last," I told Caleb.

"Okay, um well I'm getting hungry, that ice cream store over there?"

"Sure."

We walked in the store, hmm what kind of ice cream shall I get? Mint chocolate chip! I thought instantly because it was my all-time favorite!

We ordered our ice cream, Caleb had bubblegum, which reminded me of my horse, Bubblegum.

"Your amount due is five dollars and sixteen cents," the guy behind the cashier told us. I quickly paid so Caleb couldn't. That should teach him.

"Emilee."

"It would be terrible of me to let you pay," I mocked him.

"Girls are so confusing..." Caleb mocked but I just laughed.

The guy gave us our ice cream, but winked at me. I just walked away. We sat at a table and ate our ice cream.

"I heard you're pregnant?" he asked me.

"Um, yeah..."

"Who's the lucky father?" Caleb asked while winking at me.

"Josh Michaels." I said, disgusted by the name.

"Emilee Marie Pearson. I thought you two hated each other?"

"It was at that party and I got drunk and had sex with him without even knowing."

"Oh," he managed to say.

We finished our ice cream and headed to my house to get my bikini and his house to get his swim trunks so that we'd go to the beach for the rest of the day.

I arrived at my house and quickly grabbed my bikini, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen and my beach bag to put it all in, ran downstairs and put my flip-flops on and headed out the door.

I went to Caleb's house and he came out and we headed to the beach.

It was weird going to the beach at the end of March but it was sunny and warm.

"As long as you don't get my hair wet, you'll still have your arms," I warned with a smile at the end.

"Okay," he chuckled.

We took each others hand and ran into the water. It was cold but you'd get used to it after a bit. I loved the beach, my grandma always used to take me here when I was little. Thinking of her made a tear come to my eye. I missed her so much. I can't believe I've s-

My thoughts were cut off when I got splashed in the face.

"CALEB!"

"I should be running, shouldn't I?"

"Three, two, one," I swarmed after him. I jumped on his back and the next thing I knew, I was getting a piggyback ride! I love them!

I screamed, laughed and had the time of my life! The time passed by quick and the next thing I knew, it was dark.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Eight fifthy-four."

"'Kay, thanks."

He smiled and I smiled back.

"Even though I'm pregnant, I have the best time ever, thanks to you," I thanked him.

"Anytime," he said and hugged me. I hugged him back. He was like a brother to me. I could tell him anything and he wouldn't tell a single soul. He was defiantly my favourite guy friend.

"This was defiantly one of my most favourite birthday ever."

"Good."

"Wait, what time is it now?" I asked.

"Nine oh-three," Caleb answered.

"Oh my gosh, I was born this minute."

"Exactly eighteen years ago, a beautiful baby girl was born," Caleb said.

I was just blushing, he is so sweet!

We were laying down, on the sand looking at the stars.

"The stars are so pretty," I said.

"Not just the stars," he informed me.

"You're right, the water is super pretty!"

"You're so funny, Emilee."

"I try... I try..."

I sat up and said "Do you want to go for a walk near the water?"

"Yeah, sure," he said while smiling and getting up.

We walked along the water, holding hands just like a couple. He stopped and stepped in front of me, now holding both hands.

He got so close to me that I could feel his breath. Our lips were just about to meet when my phone started ringing.

I closed my eyes while saying "I need to take this."

Our hands let go of each other and I walked away a little bit.

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Emilee, you have to come home now, it's a real big emergency," I heard Melissa saying, hearing fear in her voice.

***

Thanks for reading!

Love you all !

~Sara. <3