Chapter 4

"We will meet you back at our house." Scott said. We nodded, I kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"Be safe! Love you."

"Love you." He said and got in his car. He was taking Ryan's car to drop off Mark, Patrick, and Nolan. Kyle was driving his car while Ryan took shotgun. Luke and Josh were driving back to our house because they wanted dad's famous grilled to perfection steaks. I was the lucky one and got to ride shotgun with Dylan again.

I was stopped by an arm grabbing me from behind. Kyle smiled and looked back at Dylan. Dyl was talking with Josh. The two then broke out into laughter.

Dylan's eyes closed as he held onto his stomach. Again. How was he so cute? Anything he does makes him even attractive than he was before.  

"Just a reminder that he likes you." Kyle sang. I hit him and got into Dylan's jeep.

My head turned around and Josh, Dylan, and Kyle were now talking. After saying their goodbyes, Dylan started walking to his car. I quickly turned around before he could notice that I was staring at him.

I guess you could say we have gotten closer to where ever we are going. I mean we aren't a couple yet, but hopefully soon.

This week has definitely been one of the best. Forgetting about every night Scott and his friends went out to party and one of them bringing some girl back that night. Along with the constant stares from Nolan and the whole incident with him.

Dylan opened the door and looked at me with a smile. After hopping in he turned the car on.

"Alright, so on this drive I suggest we get some food. The ride up here lacked snacks and it was annoying." I laughed and he smiled.

"I think it was alright." He rolled his eyes.

"If you say so miss I-can-sing-it-all."

That is when I burst into a fit of laughter, then he joined me.

"We've been in the car for an hour now and you still keep staring at me." He chuckled glancing over at me.

"I know." He closed his eyes as I ran my thumb over his cheek. I watched him as he took a hand off the wheel and put it on my thigh.

"Cals," Dyl laughed and ran his thumb gently over my skin. "Come on. I can't drive if you keep staring at me like that. Any other time its fine, but-"

"Okay, fine. Just drive." I laughed.

Just a few minutes passed and the car began to act up. The lights on the inside and outside dimmed. They flickered on and off.

I looked over at Dylan and he took his hand off my thigh, putting both back on the wheel. As much as I hated it, I was going to have to deal with it for a few minutes or so.

"Shit."

"What's going on?" I asked uncrossing my legs from underneath me.

Before the car could completely stop, Dylan steered the car to the side of the road. We cruised a few feet before the car stopped.

"Wait. No." Dylan ran a hand over the dash board. "Come on, baby. Don't do this to me." He tried turning the key but nothing happened.

Dylan threw his head back on the seat. I looked outside and sighed. It was completely dark out now and there was nothing around us.

"Of course."

"Here's the plan." I turned my head back to Dylan. His fingers ran through his hair as he sighed. "I'm going to call for a tow truck or something. Then after we are going to do something fun."

"Something fun?" I asked amused. He grabbed his phone from the cup holder then looked at me. "We are in the middle of nowhere. How do we have fun out here?" He smirked and put the phone up to his ear, all while keeping eye contact with me.

A few minutes into his conversation, he reached over and grabbed one of my hands in his. I turned my body so it was facing his, then grabbed his hand in both of mine.

They were so soft. Okay, so this may sound a little weird, but his hands were so nice. I don't know why or how to explain it, but you know.

I began to play with his fingers and then looked up to him.

"Yes." He told the person on the phone while staring at me.

Those eyes. Just him was perfect.

After a couple of minutes of giving them information, he was finally done. He placed his phone back into the cup holder with a sigh.

"They said it could take anywhere from forty minutes to a couple of hours." I leaned my head against the back of the seat.

"So what are we going to do? That something fun activity." I raised my hands to put air quotes around the words.

There was that smirk again.

Dylan leaned over the center and gently grabbed my face in his free hand.

"This." His soft, warm lips were then on mine. I smiled and grabbed his face, pulling him closer. "So? How is this activity for you?" He asked as he softly kissed me down my neck.

"Shut up and kiss me, Dylan."

"Don't have to tell me twice, Cals." Our lips were back on each others in an instant.

Now, I had only hoped that the tow truck guy wouldn't come for a while.