Genie In A Bottle. Chapter Fifteen.

Luce just ignored Jesse, Kaden, Levi, and I as she counted the money. We all had come to the library to apologizing for leaving and not showing up, but she decided to ignore us as she and Pam counted the money. I kind of felt bad for leaving middle of the yard sale, but it's not like I could stay. And it's not like I could tell her the reason why we left. She would never believe us.

After they were both done, they smiled and put the money in a box, "We made it. We got the signatures and the five thousand dollar. Pam, take it home and put it in the safety box until next friday, will ya."

"Happily.", she said, taking the box and left.

Luce pushed her glasses up her nose and crossed her arms, "Well, you may speak now."

When all four us said nothing and Jesse, Kaden, and Levi dropped their heads, not taking seeing her disappoint look, I rolled my eyes at them, "Babies.", I muttered to them. "Something very important came up."

"I need a lot more than saving the forest.", she said.

I awkardly chuckled and pointed at her, "Strong headed, I like that Luce. I respect."

She narrowed her eyes on me and I dropped my grin, clearing my throat, "Levi got hurt.".

"Really? He seems fine to me.", she said.

Levi grinned and chuckled, "Aint to bad yourself, Luce.", he said, winking at her and I glared at him, even though there was no reason to be jealous since he was just kissing butt, but still.

She gave him an annoyed look, "Not in the mood, Levi. Guys, when you signed up to help, we were all trying to be mature and serious about this. Not running off when we're trying to save the forest."

"We are serious, though.", Kaden said. "Luce, believe me it was important."

"Then where do you go off to?", she asked, dropping her arms and shrugged.

It got quiet and my three guilt struck friends dropped their heads again. I sighed and thought of the first thing I could, "Levi and I were getting married."

I could feel Jesse and Kaden eyes on me and so was Levi's, but I had this feeling he was grinning. Luce looked a little taken back, but it last for a moment and gave us a look, "Okay look, whatever. If your were really getting married or not, at least all four of your stuff helped out and we made it to our goal. Proud of you guys, but I'm not going to forget you left. Now go."

We all nodded and walked out of the library. Jesse turned around and walked backwards, a big grin on her face and I narrowed my eyes on her, "So why wasn't I the maid of honor at this so called wedding? And why are you getting married before me?", she asked, giving Kaden a look before turning back to me.

"And was I at this so called wedding?", Levi asked, sounding amuse. "I wasn't drunk yesterday, so I would remember getting married."

"Oh shut up.", I said. "It's the first thing I could think of, it got her off our back, right?"

"Why was it you that got married?", Jesse asked. "Kaden and I have been together longer."

"Why does it matter?", I asked, shrugging. "Look guys, we all know it was lie and it worked. Enough."

But they didn't leave it alone of course, they kept going until we split up in two. Jesse and Kaden went off to their house and Levi followed next to me to his apartment.

"You know, one day we will get married.", he said and I groaned.

"Levi, cut it out.", I said.

"I'm being serious this time.", he said and I looked up at him, making a face when I saw he was being serious.