Chapter 13

I arrived at the airport with enough luggage to cover me for just about every possible scenario that might come our way. I'd definitely over packed, bringing half of what I owned including all five bathing suits.

But when I got there I discovered that a model always puts the average girl to shame, just with the sheer amount of clothes that she owns, let alone brings on vacation with her.

"Holy crap, five suitcases?" Jennifer whispered, pointing to Rebecca.

"I know. We're only going for three days," I said. "And I thought I was ready for anything."

I looked down at my measly two suitcases and one cosmetic bag. It looked like Jennifer had packed about the same as me.

"Hello girls," Emma VanHorn yelled walking up with several girls towing suitcases behind her. "These are all of my best friends," she continued motioning to the ladies behind her. "You'll all have a chance to meet on the plane, but for now... let's get going!"

The girls behind Emma all giggled and whooped it up as if they'd never been on vacation before. I thought it was odd since they were all from old money and must vacation half the year.

"You'd think they'd never gone on a stagette before," I said to Jennifer.

She nodded. "Maybe Emma's the first one in their little gaggle to get married."

Bobbi Lynne and Rebecca were handing their bags to the staff that was loading the large private jet.

"We'd better get going," I said. "We don't want to miss the flight."

"Speak for yourself," Jennifer said, still rolling her eyes at the pack of socialites that were already boarding, leaving their luggage just sitting there. "I guess they're not worried that their luggage could be forgotten."

"I on the other hand want to make damn sure that I see my luggage get on that plane," I said. "If I were to lose those suitcases, half the clothes I own would be gone."

She nodded. "Me too."

Making sure our suitcases were safely aboard, Jennifer and I climbed on last.

"Oh great," Jennifer whispered. "We're stuck with Bobbi Lynne."

There were exactly two seats left. Bobbi Lynne gave us her toothy smile as we sat down beside her.

"Hi girls," she said excitedly. "I've never been on a private jet before."

"Ditto," Jennifer said.

"Oh gosh. This is all just so excitin'," Bobbi Lynne went on. "This plane, these leather seats, all the glamorous ladies! It's all too much." Her smile was getting wider and wider and I got a mental image of her mouth opening so wide that she'd eventually engulf the whole plane.

I tried to suppress the giggle that accompanied the image but couldn't.

"What's so funny?" Bobbi Lynne asked, staring at me blankly.

"Oh nothing, nothing," I said waving my hand. "I'm just so excited too."

Bobbi Lynne smiled and nodded and turned her head back towards the window.

"Oh my family back home is not going to believe all this when I tell them," she continued to drone.

Jennifer gave me a look that said she might kill the girl. I handed her a set of headphones that were sitting on the small table between our cushy bucket seats, which she accepted and mouthed a dramatic 'thank you.'