Chapter 19

" If you think I want you, not a little bit, If you think I need you, not a little bit, I finally moved on I'm over it."

Deandre

After that encounter with Dom, I decided to let off some steam because I was livid. How dare that nigga throw shit like that in my face about Princess.

I admit I fucked up but Princess know's where her heart and her loyalty lies and it's with me. I'm not the best man to her but at least I tell her exactly what it is I be facing.

It took me this long to realize her worth and how much of a great mother she is to A'draya. I dont want to live my life without Princess & I promise myself I wont.

" Dre." I heard Kyra said snapping me out of my thoughts.

" Wassup." I said answering. She readjusted herself on my lap and looked me in my eyes.

" What you thinking about." She asked. I shook my head and said nothing because if I said I was thinking about Princess it would be another story.

" Are you sure." She wondered.

" I'm sure ma." I said as I removed her off my lap and stood up.

" Where are you going." She questioned.

" To check on Lael." I answered. She said okay and watched as I headed up the steps into Lael's room. As soon as I walk towards her crib she braced herself up and held on to the crib railing for support.

" Where are you trying to go." I asked laughing. She looked at me and giggle with her chubby cheeks as if she knew why I found it so funny.

I gently picked her up out of her crib and sat inside of the rocking chair. When A'draya was a baby, I always rocked her inside of this chair and talk to her so it made me reminisce for every time.

" Daddy loves you." I told her with a kiss. She looked at me and smiled before she drifted her tiny hands along my face.

" You know, you look just like A'draya but I hope you dont be sassy like Draya." I said chuckling. Lael jumped once she heard the sound of my cell phone began to rang off.

" Hey." I said into the phone.

" Unmn hey." She mumbled.

" You iight." I asked as I continued rocking the chair.

" Ah, i have something to tell you." She said.

" Wassup." I asked.

" It's Chase dad." Lauren answered.

" What about the nigga." I wondered. The phone went quiet and almost sounded like every time she decided to talk she would choke on her words.

" He's hitting me and he took chase." She mumbled. I stopped rocking the chair and took a deep breath in and out.

" What do you mean Lauren." I asked in a calm tone not wanting to say the words I wanted to say in the front of Lael.

" He's been hitting me Dre." She said again.

" Hol on iight." I replied. Quickly I got up and placed Lael back in her crib and left the room.

" What the fuck you mean he hitting you Lauren." I questioned again whiles gripping the railing above my staircase.

" Dre, he's been hitting me since I had chase." She cried.

" Why didnt you fucking say something, you just gon let that fucking nigga beat the shit out of you. Fuck is wrong with you Lauren." I asked angrily.