Chapter 5

Warning: The reading material below contains what may be percived as offensive material in reference to southern citizens. Written material is not mean to be offensive againist any reader . No harm or judgment is aimed towards any ethnicity, race, religion, or group.

Also please remember this is my story and I shall chose how to portray my characters.

Not His Juliet by K. Jessica Ramirez

Chapter 5:

This plane ride is taking too long. I can't imagine a place so far away from New York that'd take this long, except maybe Antarctica. We better not be heading there because I will kill James. Although it'd be a shame to be such a young widow. Oh well, I'd get over it. It. It's his fault if he'd take me to Antarctica especially since he saw me pack damn dresses.

"Babe will you chill out it's only been two hours and fifty minutes." James voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I turn to catch him eyeing me wearily. I scowl in his direction not bothering to reply. Excuse me for being nervous about arriving. I am going to meet his family for the first time! I don't know about you guys but that's pretty nerve-wrecking in my book. I turn to look out my window for the millionth time. I silently will the ground to get closer. I swear, the minute we land I will kiss the ground. I let my mind wander as I watch the clouds. I start to notice a brownish green color from my window.

"Hey I can see the ground!" I exclaim to James as I watch the ground avidly become clearer.

I turn to see if James is returning my enthusiasm, only to watch him stiffen up. I raise an eyebrow at him but he pointedly ignores me.

"Mister Jackson and Miss White please buckle in and prepare for landing." The pilots voice orders from overhead.

I quickly buckle my seat belt and straighten my chair. We are finally arriving! The airplane begins to slowly descend from its elevation until we hit ground where the plane starts to coast rapidly just above the runway. We come to a sudden halt. It wasn't often that mine or James's private jets landed on an actual runway instead of a platform. Maybe James' family owned this runway.

"We have arrived on schedule. Thank you for flying with J.J. Jingle's company jet and enjoy your stay." The man's voice announces through the intercom again.

I eagerly throw off the seat belt restricting me, moving to grab my carry on and race down the stairs. As promised the second I land I bend down and kiss the land. As I stand up, I realize how unsanitary it is to literally kiss the ground. The concrete cement is covered in a coat of dry dirt. Well that's different. New York doesn't have dusty streets like this one.

I fully stand up stretching out my limbs to free them of their stiff state. The air is dry and the sun is beating down hard. This is different from New York too; we always get cold rainy weather. I turn to face the stairs expecting to see James stretching alongside me but no one was there.

"James?" I call out in question.

"In here, Angela." James calls from somewhere inside the plane.

A moment later he slowly starts to descend from the stairs.

"Hurry up slow poke, you already missed me kissing the dirty ground." I comment playfully.

"That's unsanitary Angela" James replies monotone.

Great, new James is back. Please note my sarcasm. The last thing I need is him being a stick in the mud while I'm already stressing. I sigh at his behavior but don't bother replying. I try to take in my surroundings as much as possible but I can't guess much since all I can see is a strech of the run way. I sigh again as I take my luggage in hand.