Chapter #20

*Astrid's POV*

"Ash," I whined, jutting my bottom lip into a pout. He was making me go to a doctor's appointment, but I really didn't want ot go. It's not that I was trying to be whiny, but I was pregnant, grumpy, hormonal, and tired. 

It's not my fault!

"I don't want to go." I whimpered, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face into his chest.

Sighing, he returned my embrace, running his hand up and down my back. "Baby," He said firmly. "I know you don't want to do this, okay? I get that. But think about our pup. Don't you want to see a picture? Or know that it'll be a boy?"

I giggled a bit at his last sentence. He was so dead-set on a boy! In his words, he said we could have a girl after.

"Okay." I mumbled, closing my eyes. "Ash?" I asked quietly, standing on my tip-toes to kiss his neck.

Groaning, he tightened his grip. "Yeah?" He replied, his voice strained.

"Will you carry me?"

Shaking his head with a small smirk on his face, he planted his hands firmly on my hips and lifted me so I was situated comfortably in his arms. Laying my head on his shoulder, I watched everything go by as my mate carried me to the truck.

"I love you," He reminded me, kissing my forehead as he buckled me in. 

Smiling, I took his hand and lovingly kissed his palm. "I love you too."

Grinning lopsidedly, he slammed the car door and went over to the driver's side, throwing open the door and hopping in.

The car revved to life and he backed out of the driveway, reaching out to turn up the radio. I was a bit surprised when Pierce The Veil burst through the speakers, radiating throughout the vehicle.

I jumped, startled at the loud screams and guitar, only to have it turned off abruptly and replaced with booming laughter.

"I'm sorry, baby." He chuckled, shaking his head. "What do you want to listen to?"

"You," I chirped happily, bringing my knees up and under me and watching my mate intently.

Raising a brow, his gaze flicked to me briefly before settling on the road again. "Baby girl, I don't think you want to hear me sing."

For the second time today, I stuck out my bottom lip as I pouted. "Please? I won't ask you to do anything else today. I'll do whatever you want, I'll let you pick a movie, we can listen to whatever song you want, I don't care. Please, Ash?"

Sighing, he shook his head, cursing under his breath. "The things I do for you..." He muttered.

But then he sang.

I knew he was a good singer because I'd heard him sing one time while he was in the shower thinking I was asleep.

Blocking everything else, I leaned my head back, closed my eyes, and listened to his melodic, raspy voice echo inside the confines of the car.

If you ever leave me, baby,
Leave some morphine at my door
'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication
To realize what we used to have,
We don't have it anymore.

There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long my knees are on the floor (Ooh)
So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'
To keep you by my side
To keep you from walkin' out the door.

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

***

"Sweetheart, come on. Wake up." Cracking an eye open, I set my gaze on the beautiful man watching me with a grin. "Pregnancy really wears you out, eh?"

"Mmmh," I grumbled, sitting up in my seat. Asher reached out to take hold of my hips so he could carry me, but I only swatted his hands away.

"Hey," He warned, shaking his head. "Before I sang for you, you said you'd do whatever I wanted. And right now, I want you to let me carry you." His last words came out as a whisper, husky and seductive. He knew I always gave in to that voice, and he used it to his advantage.

Grumbling, I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck and letting him hold me and carry me into the doctor's office.

"Ah, Asher and Astrid. I've been waiting." He commented with an easy smile. Slowly, Ash set me down on my feet, keeping his hold on me with an arm around my waist. 

"Sorry we're late, Doctor Racents. We had some... Complications." On the last word, a knowing look was sent to me by my mate.

"Oh? Well, it's fine. It's quite an honour to be doing this for our Luna!" Chuckling, he bowed his head, showing respect.

"Thank you," I said quietly, squeezing Ash's hand in mine.

A/N: HOLY GOD YOU DONT KNOW HOW SORRY I AM:'( 

SO WHAT HAPPENED, IS SOME OF IT IS some personal problems, while the others have been the Wattpad has been punching me in the face and not always saving my work, so. But I think it's fixed now:) 

Also, I apologize that this isn't that long, but I got a tad frustrated re-writing everything. I will NOT wait this long to publish EVER again, don't fret. This was a one-time gig.

AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS I ACTUALLY LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES AND READS AND GOD BLESS YOU GUYS goodness gracious.

I love you guys so much. Xoxoxo