Chapter #18

*Astrid's POV*

"You're pregnant.”

I stopped breathing, just staring at my stomach. But that's not possible! How is it that big already?

“Pups grow faster inside the womb, Baby Doll,” He murmured, a large grin taking over his features. “I'm going to be a dad,” He said quietly, his smile widening. “I'm going to be a dad!” He shouted, lifting me up and turning me to face him.

Before I could even process what was happening, his lips were on mine, kissing me hungrily and pouring all of his love into it.

“I love you so much, Sweetheart,” He mumbled against my mouth, pulling away.

I don't know how to explain it, really. I was so happy and proud to be pregnant with Asher's pups, but I was scared. What if I wasn't a good mother? What if it didn't like me?

“Hi, Baby, it's Daddy,” Asher cooed, snapping me back to reality. Looking down, I saw that he was hunched over and eye-level with my stomach, peppering it with kisses.

Getting over the initial shock, pride and love coursed through me as I watched my mate continue to talk to our pup.

I shakily brought my hands up, placing one on each side of my belly.

Ash stopped, looking up at me with admiration clear in his gaze. Grinning, he watched as I bent over, placing a lingering kiss on my baby-bump.

“Hi, sweetie,” I whispered, feeling tears of joy form in my eyes. “It's mommy. I love you so much,” I choked.

Asher still had the cat-like grin etched onto his features, watching intently with his emerald-green eyes. I, on the other hand, have tears running down my face, swerving to deflect the curve of my smiling lips.

“I'm pregnant, Ash,” I muttered, raising my gaze to look up at him.

“I know, Baby Doll,” He said excitedly, wrapping his arms around me, holding me close. “Come, I'm through with this bath.”

Before standing, he encouraged me to wrap my legs to wrap around his bare waist, kissing my shoulder as he stood.

Suddenly, I felt fear run through me. "Asher, what if it doesn't like me?" I whispered, my bottom lip trembling.

Wrapping a fluffy black towel around my cold frame, he lifted me and set me down on the black marble counter top.

"Sweetheart," He said softly, kissing the tip of my nose. "He'll love you to pieces. I'm sure of it." His words were comforting, soothing me from my frightened state.

"Promise?" I asked quietly, looking up to meet his eyes.

"Promise." He assured me, sealing the deal with a passionate kiss on the lips.

"Wait- 'he'?" I asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow as a large grin took over my lips.

"Yes, he. I want a boy," He chuckled, pecking my lips once again. "Law of Attraction, babe. Look it up."

Giggling, I shook my head at him, hopping off of the counter. 

Looking up, my gaze came directly in contact with Asher's member, standing at attention and staring right at me. 

I quickly looked away, my cheeks a crimson red. Fumbling through the cabinet, I launched a large towel at him, still not meeting his gaze.

He laughed heartily, shaking his head and making water droplets splash across the mirror and walls from his shaggy black hair.

"Baby, it's not like you haven't seen it before," He chuckled. "And if I remember clearly, you've done more than just see it." He reminded me, sending a cheeky wink my way.

My face went an even deeper red, and I bit my lip. "Just put your towel back on." I mumbled, fiddling with my hands. Asher was trying to make me stop biting my lip. Apparently, it was his job to do that. That's what he said, anyways.

"I don't think I will, actually," He stated, his voice husky and seductive.

~*~

Half an hour later, I marched out of the bathroom, humming happily to a song I'd just made up in my mind.

"Astrid? Where are you going? Just wait!" Asher called desperately, running out of the restroom with the black towel slung low on his waist.

"What?" I asked worriedly, turning and looking up at him.

"Let me carry you, you could fall," He scolded, shaking his head at me as he lifted me into his safe and strong arms.

"What are you talking about? I know how to walk, Love." I scoffed, frowning my eyebrows.

"You could hurt yourself, Astrid. You're extremely clumsy," He muttered, walking off towards the bedroom, ignoring my sigh.

                                                                               *Asher's POV*

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

The one word was so simple, but it carried so much meaning as it coursed through my mind, clouding all other thoughts.

My wolf- Of course- would not shut up.

But I couldn't blame him.

I was going to be a dad!

I was going to have pups!

I knew that what I did to protect my mate was far out of my hands now, and that I would definitely be about 20 times more protective than I already was.

And I was pretty protective.

I knew I'd also be a possessive asshole, but I'd be anything she wanted me to be.

But to everyone else, I wouldn't be as nice.

It was incredibly surprising when I came home to find my baby hunched over the toilet, silent tears in her beautiful blue eyes. It broke my heart, and at first, I thought she was just sick or something.

But she was pregnant.

A/N: HI!!! I'M REALLY SORRY I'M ON VACATION VISITING MY DAD AND I DIDN'T HAVE INTERNET FOR A WHILE SO I'M SORRY FOR THE WAIT THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS AND VOTES I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

KEEP VOTING, FANNING, AND COMMENTING!!

I love you guys:*