Chapter #12

A/N: Hiya!! So, I'm going to be starting a new story as well, and it'd be great if you guys could read it!! Anyways, VOTE, FAN, COMMENT!! (Sorry, it's a bit of a short chapter. I'm really excited to start my new one!!)

-Paigey

___________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                          *Astrid's POV*

I stood in front of the floor length mirror, biting my bottom lip nervously. Why did I have to be so ugly? I just don't get it, honestly. It's not fair; all of the other girls are pretty.  All of the other girls don't have healing bruises and scars on their bodies.

"Baby, are you okay in there?" Asher's worried voice carried through to the small changing room I was currently in, causing a small sigh to escape my lips.

Looking down, I felt the tears form in my eyes. I caught a glimpse of my left wrist, cringing automatically. No, I never cut myself and never will. It scared the life out of me. 

Blood and veins have always made me incredibly uncomfortable- Just thinking about them makes me squirm. But the sad thing was, Matt had cut me all of the time just to hear my screams. 

My hands began to shake as the memories flooded my mind. A few traitorous tears spilled over my lids as I remembered my time with Matt. I remembered-

"Astrid" Asher growled, angrily knocking on the changing-room door. I quickly wiped my tears, moving to open the door just enough to peak out. 

There he stood, arms crossed and features hard. His muscles bulged as he tried containing his anger, and the tears in my eyes formed once again.

Before I could do anything, the door was shoved open and my mate was barging into the changing room.

"Don't you dare think about those things again," He snarled. His eyes were black, and I knew his wolf had taken over. "He will never touch you again, because I will always keep you safe."

Sniffling, I nodded, looking down at my bare feet. 

"I'm sorry" I whispered, a tear sliding down my cheek.

As soon as the tear fell, I felt myself being yanked into my mate's arms, his face nuzzling my mark causing a shiver to run down my spine. 

"Um, Ash?" I asked quietly, avoiding eye-contact. 

"Yeah, princess?"

"Um... Can I go to the bathroom?" I mumbled, my cheeks turning a deep shade of red. 

His booming chuckle filled the room, and he pulled back, nodding with a grin on his beautiful face. 

" 'Course, baby." He laughed, kissing my nose. "I'll just pay for everything while you're gone."

After I'd changed back into my own clothes, Asher had gotten in line and told me the directions to the bathroom.

"Okay, stay here. I'll be back in a few minutes," I told him, giggling lightly as he kissed my nose.

"I love you" He murmured, smiling down at me.

Beaming, I kissed his chin. Even though we've shared those three words multiple times, I still got giddy upon hearing them.

"I love you too," I chirped, pecking his lips once more before turning and walking towards the exit. I replayed his directions in my mind, doing as told. 

Go straight out of the store, make a left, go straight, go past the food court, and make one more right and there'll be signs for the washroom. 

Making my last turn, I grinned. He was right- I made it! I skipped into the stall, quickly doing my business and washing my hands.

Looking in the mirror, I brushed through my dirty-blond hair with my fingers before turning and walking out.

Just as I was out of the doors, I felt a small prick in my arm.

A small gasp left my mouth, and my head sluggishly turned to see who was behind me...

Matt?!

I whimpered, and saw the ghost of a smirk on his face before he wrapped my body in his arms.

"Didn't think you'd get away that easily, did you?" He purred into my ear, but I could still hear the anger and rage in his words.

How did he find me? Oh, no.. No no no no NO.

A-Asher... Asher p-please... Help m-m-me...

                                                                          *Asher's POV*

I frowned, becoming fidgety. She's been gone for five fucking minutes. How long did it take a girl to piss?

Just as I was about to get up and go find her, I heard a weak, angelic voice enter my thoughts along with the feeling of fear, drowsiness, and helplessness.

A-Asher... Asher p-please... Help m-m-me...