Chapter #5

A/N: Hi!!! Well, 5th chapter. I decided to update again today since I had time, and I have some pretty interesting ideas;) By now I pretty much know how I want everything to go in the book, so we're good. Hope you like it, and pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee vote and comment!! 

-Paigey:)

 *Edited*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                         *Astrid's POV*

I looked back down at the gigantic black wolf sitting down at my feet, looking up at me with a calm expression on his face. I continued stroking his soft fur, sifting it through my fingers. 

''Is he going to change back..?" I asked quietly, still nervous under their gazes.  One with shaggy blond hair stepped forward, and I knew immediately that he was the more serious one of the group.

"Do you know about this?" He asked gruffly, a deep scowl on his face. Before I could answer, he continued. "How the hell do you know about this? Are you a spy? Are you taking advantage of  Asher with your looks?!" He snarled, and I flinched. He was a lot bigger than I was, and about a head and a half taller. Around the same height as Ash.

Again, I was interrupted by someone else. Asher let out a threatening growl, standing once more and turning to the boy. While standing in his wolf form, Ash was eight feet tall, and boy, was he gigantic. Even as a wolf I could still see the muscles in all four of his legs. He stepped forward, completely towering over my 5'3'' frame and advancing on the blond boy.

"Andy, apologize." The black haired one said quietly, looking up at a very angry Ash. 'Andy' didn't seem very happy about this, but he complied. 

"Sorry," He grumbled, looking back at me. I gave a small nod, still fear stricken. One of the boys got a faraway look in his eyes, before nodding and turning to the stairs and going up. Not 2 minutes later, he was back with a pair of red plaid shorts, setting them at the feet of Ash. I winced as I heard the awful sound of bones breaking rapidly. In the same minute, Ash had transformed back into a human, standing butt-naked in all of his glory. I shielded my eyes, not wanting to see when I didn't have to.

"I'm decent now, Astrid." He said calmly, and slowly I lowered my hand. 

There he stood, only in the red plaid shorts, displaying his perfectly toned chest. My eyes wandered it helplessly, taking in the wonderfully tanned six-pack. The muscles rippled under my stare, and I heard his deep chuckle. 

My eyes snapped back up to his, my cheeks turning a deep shade of scarlet red. He smirked, obviously happy with my reaction, and my cheeks turned even more red. He was still grinning playfully, until his expression grew deadly serious.

"We need to talk." 

                                                                                ~*~

About 30 minutes later, it was just Asher and I sitting on the black leather couch. Before they had left, I'd formally met all of them. Mike, Cameron, Andy and Drew. Of course, I had already met Andy. I was still a bit shaken up by the other black and silver wolf, and Ash had ordered the boys to leave. 

"Okay, well. Where to start.." He hummed, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Why don't I just start from the beginning?" I nodded once, turning my body to turn my body towards him completely on the couch. He did the same, taking my small hands in his large ones. The action comforted me to no end. "So.. Well, as you've probably gathered, I'm a werewolf. I'm in this thing called a pack- it's basically a great big group of werewolves in a sort of team, and there's a leader of said team. The leader is called an Alpha, and his second-hand man is called a Beta. They together rule the entire pack, but the Alpha has the most authority. The Alpha is stronger, bigger, and faster than all other wolves in the pack. As an Alpha, he can use a special voice to his pack members that immediately makes them do whatever he says, whether they like it or not. But my kind isn't called werewolves, really. We're called shifters. The shifter and the wolf are like two different people- it's really hard to explain, actually. And yes, wolves are effected by silver, but we don't automatically change on full moons, and we're just the same as humans, except we're able to shift into werewolves and are more advanced than humans. The only thing that can effect us other than silver is a thing called wolfsbane, a type of poison that is very hard to find." He stopped, taking a breath and reopening his eyes to meet mine.

I bit my lip, turning so my back was facing him. Before he could protest to my actions, I leaned back a let my head fall into his lap. I looked up at him calmly, my blue eyes scanning his face. He smiled softly, pushing a few strands of light brown waves from my face. His shaggy black hair flopped onto his forehead, and his forest green eyes softened.

"Astrid, I'm the Alpha. I control the Shadow Blood Pack, and there's also something important that I've left out..." I raised my eyebrow, watching him clear his throat. "There's these things called mates, and their a shifter's sole mate. The two mates will be together for life, and each shifter has only one mate. When they make love, the male mate will mark the female. How that works is the male will bite the female's neck, and it will be the most pleasurable thing they ever experience. After this, the two develop a telepathic link to each other. Once you find your mate, they're all you can think about, and before you even talk to them, you're in love. The two will be completely incapable of hurting each other, and with mates, everything changes. You instantly feel relaxed in their presence, and you feel safe." He finished, and I looked up at him with wide eyes. "The Alpha's mate will become Alpha Female. Or, Luna." 

Did this mean that I was his mate? Was that why I feel so comfortable and safe when he's around? Is that why he's all I think about? 

"Are you my mate?" I asked, my voice barely even a whisper. He nodded solemnly, and I stared at him. 

I lifted my head from his lap, sitting there upright for a moment before turning back to him. I flung my arms around his neck, burying my face into his rock-hard chest. He froze, but not a second later his arms found their way around my waist, pulling me closer.

I pulled away, looking up at him. We locked eyes, and I could see all of his emotions shine through his dark green eyes- Happiness, anxiousness, admiration, and- love? I watched him move closer, and one second later, his soft pink lips crashed against mine. They were so warm and inviting, I instantly melted against them. We moved in sync- it was perfect. His tongue darted out, swiping across my bottom lip. I eagerly complied, opening my mouth for entrance. His warm tongue entered my mouth, gently massaging mine. 

When we finally pulled apart, he pulled me into his lap, cradling me affectionately. I snuggled into his arms, loving every bit of it. "I thought I was going crazy, feeling those things." He smiled softly, kissing my forehead. He stood, still holding me, and carried me up the stairs and to his room. My head dropped back onto his chest, watching as the bed came into view. I smiled softly, and he gently placed me onto the bed, pulling them back up and over my small frame.

He stripped out of his plaid shorts, grabbing a pair of boxers. I didn't watch, of course, but I could hear him. He chuckled lowly, climbing into bed beside me and encasing me in his arms. Opening my eyes, I looked up at him, kissing the tip of his nose. Grinning, he pushed his lips to mine.

"Mine" He mumbled against my mouth, causing me to smile into the kiss. He pulled back, and I put a small pout on my face. Smirking, he leaned down and pressed a lingering kiss to my forehead. "Go to sleep, Kitten." He murmured, and I felt myself slowly drift into unconciousness in his arms. I finally felt safe, and I loved every bit of it. 

A\N: Well! I loved this. I hope you did too. VOMMENT!!

-Paigey:)