Chapter #22

*Asher's POV*

"Asher?" 

I heard the small and slightly timid voice of my mate echo throughout the house, sending a light shiver up my spine from the sound of my name falling from her lips.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Her footsteps were light as she walked towards the living room where I'd been waiting around an hour for her in. We had a date, yet she insisted she needed more time to get ready.

"Um, does this- Does this look okay?" I twisted around on the couch, opening my mouth to tell her she looked fine and that we needed to go, but the words got caught in my throat as I gaped at my little mate.

She was wearing a light purple dress that was draped over her large baby-bump, stopping at her knees. Her long silky hair was curled lightly and pushed behind her so it fell down her back, making her look like a goddess when the light flicked off of her.

"You look incredible," I said softly, standing up from the couch and making my way over to her quickly. As soon as I was in arm's reach, I placed a hand on her cheek and the other on her belly, pressing a kiss to her mouth and letting it linger. "You never fail to amaze me." I murmured against her lips, pressing my forehead against her's.

Her cheeks lit up a flame as she looked away, mumbling a small "thank you". Reaching down, she took my hand and looked up at me with a giddy smile.

"Are you ready?"

~~

"So, I was thinking we could go to-"

"Shh! Don't tell me. I want it to be a surprise." My eyes widened slightly, glancing over at her sitting contentedly in the passenger's seat. 

"Really?" I was- in all honesty- shocked that she didn't want to know. Most girls would be pissed if they weren't allowed to know, yet here's my mate telling me she doesn't want to know.

"Yes," She laughed, looking over at me with a smile. "I love surprises."

A chuckle fell from my lips as I gave a small nod. "Good to know."

~~~

"Baby, we're here. Wake up," I shook her shoulder lightly, watching as her eyes opened and locked on me. She smiled. 

The pregnancy has been taking a toll on her as we got closer to her due date. She'd been sleeping a lot more lately, and she'd almost always want me by her side.

"We are?" Her voice wasn't plagued by sleep- she was fully awake and bouncing in her seat.

I laughed at her, grabbing her small hand and pulling her out of the vehicle. "Yeah, babe."

We'd only gotten to the parking lot of the large restaurant when she let out a small squeak. "This is my favourite restaurant! How did you know? We've never been here together before."

I raised an eyebrow. "You don't remember?"

"Oh God, I didn't forget anything did I? Have we gone her-"

"Sweetheart," I brought my hand up and covered her mouth. "Do you know how many times you've told me about this restaurant in your sleep?" 

Her eyes widened and her cheeks flushed. "N-No..."

"Eight times."

"Oh my Lord," She mumbled, bringing her hands up to cover her cheeks. "Did I actually?"

I shrugged, trying to hide my smirk. "Maybe,"

"Tell me," She brought her lips into a pout.

"I didn't hear the magic word..."

Scoffing, she crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head at me. "That's because I didn't say it."

A small smile had leaked onto her features as she looked up at me. "Excuse me?"

My hands darted out and grabbed her hips, pulling her into me as I started tickling her sides.

"No!" She shrieked, squirming viciously in my arms. 

I stopped tickling her and just held her in my arms, a loving smile on my lips as I gazed down at her.

"I love you."

Update? Yeah. 

I know it's been way too long since I've updated and I feel like a shit author. But please know that I read literally all of your comments; I check to see who's added my stories to their reading lists, and I go through all of the votes.

I love and appreciate you all so much, and I apologize for not being a good author to you. 

Things will not be as consistent but I'm going to try my best.

Thank you guys<3