16. Papa Can You Hear Me?

There’s a Jock in My Bed!

                                              Chapter 16 – Papa Can You hear Me?   

Song of the Chapter: Shake it out – Florence + The Machine (2011) 

PLEASE Vote~ goal: ((120)) And Comment~ goal: ((90))

Be a sport and help me out :)

The stench of medicine and syringes are all over and the wails of the ill and the insane fill the air, adding to my restless state. The chair I’m sitting on is hurting my ass and the constant slamming of doors are irritating as hell. All the reason why me and the hospital has an estrange relationship with one another. As much as I hated the place…I always at some point in the year ended back here.

“You okay?” Alex asks, breaking me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah,” I answer with a sincere smile, “Just sitting here is being a major pain on my ass…I don’t know how Adele did it.”

He chuckles and hands me a cup. I sniff it and shudder. “Bleh, I hate coffee.” I frown, placing it on the table next to me. Slouching in the hard seat, I cross my legs and watch as an ant crosses my feet.

Cocking my head to the side I watch intently as he crosses. So brave without anyone with him, alone and on a dead end journey back to where he belongs. “Story of my life.” I mutter, chuckling with bitterness.

“What’s that?” Alex questions.

“Oh, nothing.” I answer back quickly and retuning to look forward. A pair of red jeans interrupts my thoughts and I look up at its wearer.

“So what are you going to do?”

I raise both my eyebrows and scoffs, “I don’t know. Mom should know what to do when she gets here, that’s if she isn’t already in hysterics.”

He smiles innocently and bends down to meet me at eye level, “no,” he whispers with a slight chuckle, “I mean about me and Jacob.”

“I’m sorry if I don’t give a rat’s ass about you or Jacob right now Alex…my father is in a hospital bed.”

He nods quickly and rests a hand on my knee and caresses it slowly. I find myself looking into his sharp eyes, nearly getting lost like I did once before.

Rattling my head free of his haunting, seductive gaze I force myself to focus on the door in front of me, past Alex’s hair.

I’m praying that he moves, even closing my eyes and asking God to let him leave me be for a while…but he didn’t. He just knelt in front of me, starting at me-studying my features until he could possibly point out every flaw on my face, some I might not even know about.

As hard as I try to focus on the door, my eyes seems to want to look at him, they flutter back and forth between the blank, white wall and his tan, smooth face. The better choice is obvious isn’t it?

“Do we have a chance?”

My eyes instantly set and lock on his, “What?”

“I said. Do you and I have a chance?”

I was afraid he’d say that, and sighing I stand to me feet. He does as well, keeping the same amount of limited space between our bodies. I look up at him and remain silent, “I.”