14. Night

<----- voting means that you appreciate an author who takes the time out to write something you truly enjoy, commenting is showing that you took something from it.

                                              There’s a Jock In My Bed!

                                                  Chapter 14 – Night

      Song the Chapter: See You In a Different light by Chante Moore ft. JoJo (1999)

                                               . OMG-New cover! By Lucky3. Awesome :p

“Okay, thanks…no Mrs. Crawford, it won’t happen again.” I hear the click of the phone slamming into the receiver and then shuffled footsteps. I sit in the chair, closest to the doorway so I can run if necessary. I keep my head forward when the door to the family room swings open. Mom and Dad walk in and stand in front of me. Swallowing slowly and near to crapping my pants I adjust in my seat, not letting my eyes once meet any of their faces.

“What have we always taught you Evan?” It’s funny that when Mom talks softly it hurts more than when she screams. “You hit another person? Have we taught you know mannerisms?”

“M-.”

“Be quiet young man!” she snaps. I suck in a deep breath and look at her for the first time. Trying to keep a stony face of illusion. My eyes catch dads and he sighs.

“Anna, let me handle this-go check on Evelyn.”

That’s another problem; Evelyn knows about the sex thing, it’s a wonder why she hasn’t held it over my head yet. Maybe she sees how much I’m hurting…I wouldn’t put money on that though. Once mom leaves dad comes closer to me. I hold onto the arms of the chair for dear life-my nails were seemingly sinking into the black leather.

“You look scared.”

“Really, what gave it away? The audible heart beat or the sound of my nails becoming one with the sofa?” I mumble sarcastically causing him to chuckle.

“You know Evan, when I look at you, I see myself. Sure, you like boys, Madonna, musical theater and all those other things but when I look at you I see a younger more youthful version of myself.” He sits on the edge of the chair and turns me towards him. His big blue eyes, nearing identical to mines hold a sparkling glint in them.

“I haven’t told your mother about the boy I found sleeping in your bed when we arrived back home and I’ll leave that up to you to tell her. But this looks like it goes deeper, what’s bothering you?”

I open and close my mouth. Telling dad my problems might take things to a whole other level. His reaction can be anything right now and the unpredictability of such a delicate situation is so potentially volatile that I’m afraid it might overheat and explode right in my face.

“Evan, what’s going on?” he isn’t asking anymore, the tone has changed. He’s demanding a response now.

“Dad, me and Alex dated-of course you didn’t like him…the videos of the dinner scene is still on YouTube…” I shudder at the point but shake it off. “You were right, Alex used me.” every breath that is leaving felt like my last as the plot thickens and he becomes more intrigued and evidently more outraged by the picture his face paints.