Cats and Eyes

Cuts and Cake

Chapter 11

"Yes, thank you," Ciel said and put the phone down.

Sebastian placed a teacup in front of Ciel and wondered who the boy was talking to.

"Who was that?"

"That was Tanaka. He used to be a kind of butler when my parents were alive. I wanted to check some details about the fire with him as he still lives in the area," Ciel answered.

He paused to take a sip of what Sebastian had given him which caused him to make a face and gulp his mouthful down hurriedly.

"What is this?"

The dark haired one looked pointedly out the window at the dark sky lined with stars.

"It's getting late and if you are intending to stay up for most of the night then you need lots of caffeine. Tea is simply not strong enough. Since you have so much of a sweet tooth I mixed sugar, coffee and hot chocolate together."

Ciel smiled at him, touched that he had tried to adapt coffee to suit his tastes.

"Have you called your aunt yet to tell her that you're staying over?"

Sebastian winced at what her reaction would be if he hadn't and what she would do to him. He had a feeling that she was very skilled with a knife.

"I did. She didn't seem to mind and told me to have as much fun as I could for some reason. By the way, where am I going to sleep?"

"My bed of course," the known sadist answered as if it were obvious.

Catching Ciel's horrified look, he rolled his eyes. "It's a double bed so we just have to keep to different sides. I normally sleep with some of my cats so I'm used to having things next to me and I don't move around a lot. "

"Hmm..."

It was easy for Sebastian to get Ciel into bed with him. He simply waited for Ciel to fall asleep over a document he was reading and carefully carried him upstairs. Unfortunately for him Ciel snapped wide awake when he was trying to take some of the boy's clothes off.

"What is going on? I though the undressing came at the end," Ciel demanded with a blushing face and moved Sebastian's hand away from his body.

"You can't sleep in your clothes. You will get hot and it won't be very comfortable," Sebastian explained, fully aware of how dodgy it had looked.

"Fine, I will change, but I will do it myself and in the bathroom," Ciel said and stormed out the room, holding the spare pair of pyjamas that Sebastian had been going to dress him in.

A few minutes later he returned in a pair of blue oversized pyjamas with cats on which made him look exactly like a 10 year old. Sebastian smiled at the sight which was a complete juxtaposition to the sour expression Ciel was wearing.

"You look very cute Ciel. It's very late so we should be getting to bed now. You can take the left side."

Hesitantly Ciel climbed in and pulled the cover up. Already he could feel Sebastian's body heat next to him and he knew his face was already red. It had only been 30 seconds; how was he going to last the entire night?

As Sebastian switched of the bedside light Ciel rolled over so he was facing away from him Sebastian who noticed and smirked. His toy had begun blushing whenever he got close to him or when he made innuendos which showed the boy was not adverse to him.

Of course now that he was lying next to his toy he was having trouble keeping his dirty thoughts under control. He couldn't do much to him without breaking the contract, but there were still some options left open. Then he shook his head to banish the thought as, if he was caught he would lose Ciel's tentative trust.

Luckily for him an option presented itself an hour later. Ciel had just fallen asleep and had begun to thrash around, trapped in a nightmare. As he thrashed around his body moved closer to Sebastian who was more than willing to close the gap.

He put his arms around him and patted his head to calm him down. Ciel stopped twitching and his breathing slowed as he settled down. Sebastian felt his forehead which was hot and moved his fringe off so it wouldn't stick to the sweat.

On instinct his fingers found Ciel's lips in the dark and he moved his lips down to kiss them marvelling at how soft they were although the taste of chocolate was a little off putting. In his sleep Ciel made a contented noise like a cat making Sebastian smile and kiss him again.

The next morning Ciel was the first to wake and got a shock when he opened his eyes to find Sebastian's face a centimetre from his. Then he realised Sebastian's arms were wrapped around him. He muffled a gasp and grabbed Sebastian's arms to try and get them off him, but they were too heavy for him.

Sebastian groaned and woke up. "Hello Ciel," he said sleepily. "What are you trying to do to me?"

A vein pulsed on Ciel's forehead. "I think I should be asking you that question. Let go of me now!"

Sebastian blinked, remembered why he was in that position and thought of a way to use it to his advantage.

"I'll let you go if you tell me what the rings that are underneath the loose floorboard in your room are for."

At least he hadn't asked for anything dodgy, Ciel thought gratefully.

"The rings have been passed down through the Phantomhive family or generations. They survived the fire and were given to me. I don't wear them because I don't consider myself to be a proper Phantomhive."

As he pondered the answer he had been given Sebastian withdrew his arms and let Ciel go.

"Why do you not consider yourself to be a Phantomhive?"

Ciel stood up and faced away from him. "I haven't fought against the one that sullied my name and I'm still helpless."

"You're fighting now for yourself. You should wear those rings, the moment is going to come soon now that you have me to help," Sebastian got out of bed and clasped his hand. "It's a new day and we need to formulate a plan. We have just less than a week."

Ciel allowed Sebastian to take his hand, reassured now that he was finally going to do something against Ash Michaelis.

After breakfast Ciel drew up a list of people that he could contact to ask to help him in his fight whilst Sebastian hacked Ash's records on the computer.

"I guess I'm going to have to contact a few of my father's underworld contacts," Ciel said to himself as he wrote down names. "The more shady the better. What was that Chinese weirdo with the lapdog called again...? Lau, I think."

"You know, I'm sure a person like your pink loving cousin would scare Ash the most," Sebastian commented.

"I'm leaving Lizzie out of it of course. Could you somehow entice your foster parents to the former Phantomhive estate? It is a Victorian style mansion and Tanaka said that the structure was mainly undamaged."

"So you want to end it where it all started... How apt."

Sebastian wondered whether it really was going to be the end and he would be able to claim his price. Or whether Ash would outdo them and Ciel would lose his life and he would lose the price he had been longing for.