Christmas Day extra- 2014

To celebrate Cuts and Cake reaching 2000 votes I wrote an extra chapter. There is a minor crossover with Teacups and Teapots by yumenosakura, but only in the location it takes place in.

***

Cuts and Cake:

Chapter 18:

When Ciel Phantomhive entered sixth form his aunt decreed that he should get a part time job so he could experience some independence from her and Sebastian. Due to his almost full timetable he got a Saturday job at a teashop.

"Who is that man that sits in your section every week at the same time and orders the same thing?" his supervisor, a blonde named Finny asked.

Ciel put his tray down on the counter and looked around at the relevant table to find Sebastian sitting there with a pile of textbooks in front of him.

"I don't know," Ciel replied casually. He had never told anyone at the teashop that he had a boyfriend, he didn't feel that he knew them well enough to tell them. "Some nerdy A-level student?"

Finny nodded and his voice dropped to a whisper. "I think he likes you..."

The teenager stiffened. "What makes you think that?"

"When you were off sick a couple of weeks ago, he wasn't here and when you returned last week he was here."

Ciel had caught a cold that had spread around his sixth form and had missed work. Sebastian had been absent from the teashop because he had been looking after him.

Ciel shrugged. "That's just a coincidence. I'm going to serve that table over there."

He turned away, hoping it would effectively end the conversation which it didn't.

"He also keeps checking out your behind," the blonde added helpfully.

Ciel muttered a curse under his breath and walked off. Working at the teashop was nowhere as bad as he had feared. Although his supervisor was clumsy and broke too many cups with his strength, he was kind and tolerant. The other employees on his shift were an older man named William T. Spears and a younger one named Ronald Knox.

The Victorian style decor of the teashop was also attractive. The walls were covered with blue damask wallpaper, there were chandeliers and comfy armchairs. He found the name of the teashop, "Black Butler" to be a little strange though. Apparently the owner was originally the CEO of a confectionary business and had decided to expand his business to teashops to revive falling profits.

Ciel still didn't fully enjoy serving people and trying to act friendly and approachable, but the amount of returning regular customers helped as they knew he wasn't fond of socialising and small talk.

The best thing that made having a job bearable was his favourite regular customer. Initially he hadn't wanted Sebastian to visit him out of fear he would get embarrassed or become distracted, but his boyfriend didn't tease him at all and spent most of his time revising. This brought him back to his present problem. Sebastian should have been preparing for his Chemistry Assessed Practical, not checking him out.

He strode over to Sebastian.

"Would you like your usual?" he asked with a tight smile and a glare once he affirmed no one was watching them.

"Yes please," his boyfriend answered.

Ciel took the opportunity to interrogate him.

"Finny thinks that you are interested in me because he caught you checking me out," he hissed as quietly as he could.