Christmas Day extra-2015

Cuts and Cake:

Chapter 20:

This will be the final addition to this fanfiction as it brings it to a definite end.

Ciel checked his neatly drawn revision timetable. He had a month left before his first A level exam of the year and he was going to use it wisely based on what he had learnt from GCSEs and his first round of A level exams. Even though he was very intelligent, revising a few days before would not suffice this year. The results of these exams would decide if he got into his first choice university or if he had to go through clearing. The alternative was to repeat the second year of sixth form which was not a pleasurable prospect.

He drew out his Chemistry textbook as he had set aside the hour for revising Chemistry. Ciel was partway through Benzene when he heard a knock at the door.

"Sebastian, I am not going to do it with you right now. Revising is more important," he called out.

Sebastian poked his head in. "I didn't come here for that. I made a chocolate cake and wondered if you wanted any."

Ciel was tempted. He stared down at his notes. Cake sounded much more appealing than memorising structures of compounds. However he needed more information about the cake.

"Did you make the chocolate frosting yourself or is it Betty Crocker?"

His boyfriend looked pained. "Of course I made it myself. Do you really think I would feed you that tasteless rubbish?"

Ciel closed his textbook and stood up to head to the kitchen. "I was just verifying."

He cut himself a sizeable slice of the three tier cake and sat down at the kitchen table opposite Sebastian who was drinking coffee. Briefly he admired Sebastian's neatly piped frosting on the top of the cake before digging in.

"How is your revision going?" Sebastian asked.

"I have barely started," Ciel admitted. "It's better than you though."

"My first duty is to serve you and keep you happy," Sebastian answered. "That's why I made you a cake. Would you like to take some Earl Grey Hot Chocolate back to your room?"

"If you could," Ciel accepted the offer.

Sebastian swiftly boiled the kettle and located the teabags and hot chocolate powder. He was still working through Ciel's Christmas present from over a year ago.

"Would it be useful if I helped you revise?" he enquired suddenly.

"Are you one hell of a tutor now?"

His boyfriend smirked. "Where would we be if I couldn't help you pass your exams?"

Ciel considered it. He had never witnessed Sebastian revise for exams for the past two years until they were outside the exam hall. Yet despite that, Sebastian had always managed to get a fair amount of A*s and As. Being tutored by Sebastian might solve his revision problems.

"It sounds like a good idea," Ciel agreed.

Sebastian handed him his Earl Grey Hot Chocolate in a teacup. "We can start tomorrow. Should I dress up to look the part? I've still got that set your cousin gave me for Christmas last year."

Ciel blushed. Lizzie had upped the ante on Christmas presents. Instead of going for the simplest option of giving Sebastian another Hello Kitty calendar, she had given him something strange.

"The glasses are the only thing that are actually suitable," Ciel made sure to point out. At least he had managed to get hold of the cat ears before Sebastian could suggest any uses for them.

"You have such a dirty mind," Sebastian chastised him playfully. "I was only thinking of the glasses."

***

"Why are you wearing glasses?" Angelina enquired at breakfast the next morning. "...It's not some play is it?"

Ciel cringed at her question. She was occasionally prone to giving them nightmare stories of things she had seen in A&E that were related to items she had seen in Sebastian's possession.

"I am helping Ciel revise today," Sebastian answered smoothly. "Glasses make me look more academically credible."

Angelina nodded sceptically, clearly not believing him.

"You know my shift times. If you do anything, do it then. I am not coming back at the wrong time again."

With that parting line she left the kitchen and Ciel nudged Sebastian.

"Was I correct in assuming that you are just helping me revise? Aunt Ann seems to be thinking something else."

His boyfriend shrugged unhelpfully. "She overestimates us sometimes. I was only intending to revise, but I am open to alternatives."

Ciel tapped the stack of textbooks next to him for emphasis. "If I get A*s because of you, I will reward you. For now, stick to revision."

Sebastian pushed his glasses up his nose. "Let's start.

For half an hour Ciel followed Sebastian's instructions. He highlighted and drew coloured structures and mechanisms.

"If you can draw out the reaction of methylbenzene with nitric acid, I will give a treat," Sebastian promised him.

Assuming that a treat meant something sweet, Ciel acquiesced and neatly drew out the reaction with structures and formulae. He handed it to Sebastian for marking when he had finished.

"Very good," Sebastian complimented. "You can have your treat now."

He leaned over and kissed Ciel so lightly on the lips that Ciel only realised what had happened when Sebastian pulled away.

"Do you call something like that a treat!? That wasn't even a proper kiss."

Sebastian smirked at him. "The more questions you get right, the more proper kisses you will get."

An hour later Ciel's lips were beginning to swell and he had a permanent blush on his face. He had also memorised a fair amount of content.

"If you do this energy calculation, you can have a break and a proper kiss," his tutor told him.

Ciel underlined all the relevant parts of the question and got to work. He let Sebastian inspect it when he was done.

"Wrong number of decimal places, but since you're my boyfriend I will let you off."

Ciel scowled. He always forgot about rounding numbers. As Sebastian leaned forward to kiss him, Ciel pulled off his glasses.

"I like it better when I can see your eyes."

"Thank you," Sebastian said before placing his hand at the back of Ciel's head and kissing him deeply. Ciel pushed his tongue in and he could feel Sebastian's shock at his bold gesture.

"If I get high grades because of you, the reward is that I will attend the same university as you."

For a while Ciel had been torn about universities to attend and if he wanted to attend the same university as Sebastian. In the end he had made his first choice university the same as Sebastian's and had kept it quiet from him. If he got the required grades, he would be able to stay with Sebastian for the next four years and the rest of his life after that.

The End

***

I did write that Kuroshitsuji guide that most people said that they would be interested in.

There is a rewrite of Cuts and Cake written by me that is set in university instead of school and is more of a mature take in it. It is called Wrong Turning and can be found here: www.wattpad.com/story/41392746-wrong-turning-kuroshitsuji-black-butler

🎉 You've finished reading Cuts and Cake (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler fanfic) (Ciel x Sebastian)(Sebaciel) 🎉