A Smile Of Affection - Chapter 20

Ok so I didn’t really have time to read through this and edit it. So if there are any horrible mistakes just let me know!

Anyways. Here it is! :)

MeghannJane xxo

___________________________________________________-

Recap -chpt 19

Chapter 20-

It was hard tell Ben that I couldn’t be with him, I let him know on the Friday, which was his deadline for me to decide, I asked him to come on over to my house after school where I dropped the bomb on him as carefully as possible. I was sweating bullets through the entire thing, petrified that he would snap at any moment. He seemed to pick up on that as well.

“You’re scared of me.” He whispered rhetorically.  

You could almost see his heart shattering on the inside. And to be honest, it left a crack in my mine as well. He told me he wouldn’t continue to fight for me, that he would wait. I felt really bad when I told him not to. To just let it be-

“’You better hold on tight spider monkey.’” Noah repeated. Snapping me from my thoughts

I let out a small giggle. “This is extremely depressing to hear. Your such a nerd.”

“Ahh but a handsome nerd to be exact.” He stated tapping my nose.

That earned a roll off my eyes “Whatever helps you to sleep at night Mr. Thompson.”

 ~~~*~~~

“I hate to say it, but im glad you two are over.” Gracey admitted popping a chip into her mouth.

I snorted “ No you don’t Gracey.”

She cocked her head to the side “What are you talking about, of course im glad ive been- Hey!”

She complained as I threw a chocolate bullet at her. “ Not about that, stupid. I meant, no you don’t hate to say it.”

“Oh” She pouted “Well then yeah. You’re right.” She smiled and snatched up the bullet I threw at her, and popped it in her mouth.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

Grace and I were sprawled out along my bed. Papers, magazines, food and everything else covered it. Another week had flown by and my Birthday was coming to a close, Just under two weeks!  So my best friend decided it was time to organize what we were going to do.

“How about a house party?” she suggested.

I groaned “What’s with you and house parties?”

“ Well your parents are away pretty much every weekend, so I don’t see why not.”

“There away this weekend-”

“Obviously. We can’t hear any arguing.” She laughed.

“Any who,” I continued, ignoring her comment. “It’s my birthday, and mum always has some kind of ‘lunch’ thing planned for me that following weekend. My birthday is on a Friday. So I’m sure something will be set for Saturday.” I explained.