A Smile Of Affection [Student/Teacher] Chapter 8

Well arn't you guys lucky. An early update. Hooraayyy!! :D

GAAAAH! took me HOURS to write this, i almost finished right? and then my computer played up and i lost this entire chapter. can you believed it? i was RAGING! >.<

Anyways .. I havnt really done anything to do with her family, her past and so on. So I might do a little touch up on that. Just to get to know Rachel a little more J

MeghannJane xxo

**********************************************************************************

'' It sounds like this is nothing new and that it hasn't been for awhile
You wake up on the other side and you strain to force a smile
The fairytale inside your head has become your new best friend
But I can assure you, that I'll be there before the story ends..''

The radio was blaring as it pulled me out of my dreamless sleep and back to reality.

It was early Sunday morning –  with one I eye peeped open as I took in what time it was on my bedside table 7.43 – I groaned aloud and dragged myself out of bed pulling on my ugg boots, and making my way done stairs.

As I hit the bottom of the stares me smell off pancakes seeped into my noise. I perked up a little. Yummo!

I made it to the kitchen right on time, just as my mum was serving up.

“Morning Mum” I mumbled still half asleep as I entwined my fingers and stretched my arms up over my head.

“ Good morning sweet heart, how’d you sleep.”

“Ok I guess, I’ve had better. Morning Trevor ”  I said to the man hidden behind the newspaper.

He didn’t seem to hear until my mother slapped him on the shoulder.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah mornin’.” He grunted and turned back to reading the paper. I rolled my eyes and trotted over to the breakfast table.

I case you’re wondering, Trevor is my step dad. He has been for the last eight years. My biological dad walked out on us, ( us being my mum, brother and I ) when I was seven. We were alone for a couple years until my mum ran into Trevor at a train station, he was a great guy at the time and one thing led to another they ended up getting married a few months later.

As years went by, thing started going downhill with him, we started drinking and was becoming extremely violent towards my mother, I remember this one night when I was only ten,

He had just found out that my mum had lost her started yelling when he was drunk, I was locked in my brothers bedroom in the dark, crying while my dad belted my mum. I could hear everything – the yelling, the crying. My brother Michael couldn’t take it any more and ran out of the room to help my mum. He got into a lot of trouble trying to protect her. I heard more yelling, that came from the lounge room. As I ran out, Michael was on top of Trevor slamming his fists into the drunks face until the Trevor was no longer moving, I thought he was dead until he started to move. Michael then stormed to his room, packed some bags full of clothing and what  not, kiss me and my mum on the cheek and left. I begged him to take me with him, but my mum held me back.

I haven’t seen my brother since. I keep on telling my mum that she should leave him, but shes to afraid, afraid that he will come after her. and also because if it weren’t for him, we’d be out on the streets. He keeps a roof over our heads and our stomachs full. That’s the only good thing he brings to this family.