A Smile Of Affection [Student/Teacher] Chapter 14

The next few weeks flew by snail like. It was depressing really.

I tried my best to keep distance from Noah and I was happy to say I did pretty well. The only times I broke that was because I had to see him and which was during class and that’s compulsory. 

Things were a little funny between Ben and I after our make out session in my kitchen that turned into me imagining him as Noah. Honestly I have no clue on how that managed to happen, maybe because I was so annoyed with him before hand? He had been so wrapped up in my head that day when he shocked me by showing up at school. He wasn’t due back for another week, give or take.

Ben seemed to be on ignoring terms the next few days after the incident. I don’t blame him really. I did feel bad. But I apologized and made up some lame excuse, giving him my best puppy dog face which caused him to melt instantly. He forgave me, but still his behavior has been off lately. If any guy would come up to me, even if it was to just say hi or they would ask me a question for an assignment for class. His eyes would immediately darken and he would become all tensed up.

It got me worried, and slightly scared to be honest. I just couldn’t understand it.

The only time where I would speak to Mr. Thompson was is if he would ask me a question during class, which I would answer on small hesitation then continue back to my own little spaced out world. I mainly just ignored him as much as possible, fidgeting with something or doodling on my note  pad.

But every single lesson of his seemed to just drag out as if the entire six hours of school was based in just that one class.

So here I am, In art, it’s a Friday afternoon  and Mr. Thompson assigned us to do more text book work while he sits there going through some kind of paperwork and there is about – I pulled my phone from my pocket glancing at it quickly to catch the time – 2:35, just another twenty five minutes. I think I could survive-

“Miss Miller, no phones please. Bring it to me, and you can collect it at the end of class.” Mr. Thompson said holding out his hand palm up and not once looking up from his work. How did he even see me?

Grumbling to myself I pushed out of the chair roughly, making it scrape loudly along the paint splatted floor. I dragged my feet to the front of the class and practically slapped my phone down on his palm hard enough that his hand smacked down on his desk.

He looked up at me eye brows raised, surprised. He shoved my phone in the drawer and rubbed at his knuckles “Thank you Miss Miller much appreciated.”

“My pleasure.” I replied, full of sarcasm, but just low enough for our ears only.

It felt like hours had passed before the end of school bell drowned out through the school.

I waited for everyone to exit before I chucked my note pad in my bag and slung it over my shoulder as I stalked over to the front desk, to where Mr. Thompson was still finishing up paper work.

“So can I-” I started

“Shh.” He cut in raising his finger, not once looking up.

“Sir I-”

“Uh, uh” he put a finger to his lips.

“I really-”

“No.”

“But-”

“No buts.” He sang, still writing. I could see he was trying to hold back the laughter.

So I groaned and gave up.

I stood there for another five minutes, hands on hips and tapping my right foot for every second that passed. I think I started getting on his nerves, because every now and then he would look at my leg that was doing all the tap.