A Smile Of Affection - Chapter 15

Guys pop on over to my profile and check out my new stories and let me know what you think :)

I spent most of my weekend in bed, my mum and step dad were away again like usual so I had the house to myself.

I had absolutely no motivation to do anything. So on Saturday morning I called up Gracey and told her to get her butt over here for an endless weekend of movies, ice-cream and pizza.

Normally we would have our traditional movie night on Fridays with both Grace and Ben, but these last few months have been pretty hectic. And now that Benson and I are together, Gracey didn’t really feel up to being a third wheel, which I guess is understandable.

I told her about the whole incident that happened between Ben and I and let me tell you, she was furious. I also showed her my arm to reveal evidence, where there was now blue and purple splotches in the shape of a hand print around my wrist.

“ Is he out of his mind!” she raged, as we both hopped into my bed with a bowl of ice-cream each “He could of broken it or something!”

“ I know Grace, but he didn’t.” I frowned placing my bowl in my lap “there is something up with him lately he’s been very possessive you know? It’s not like him at all. I don’t know what to do, it makes me scared.”

“I don ike wthis at awl,” she admitted with a mouthful of ice-scream, somehow I managed to understand everything that just splatted from her mouth.

I sighed mixing my ice-cream, this way and that, with the spoon “ You know what makes it even more abnormal? Is that whenever I’m talking to Mr. Thompson or say his name, he clicks and not in a good way either he just loses it and that’s when it started the other day. He asked where I was and I told him I was just talking to Mr. Thompson and then out of the blue his mood darkened and his grip on me tightened. I was so afraid.” I whispered the last part. I shudder then rippled through my body thinking back to yesterday afternoon.

Gracey placed her empty bowl on the bedside table, then turned and looked at me and I mean really looked at me. I knew she was in her resolute mode now.

“Let’s be frank here,” she said sitting up legs crossed “I get that you like him- and he you- but he had absolutely no rights what so ever to hurt you like that, that’s abuse Rach! I mean yeah he is a boy, boys get jealous easily and so do we -But again no right. But I do understand why he went a smidgen over board when you told him you were with Mr. Thompson and I get why he became way too over protective, because in all decency the way that guy watches you at school, it should be illegal..” she trailed off, fixing her eyes on me.

 My eyes down casted to my bowl which now looked like slop, “How do you mean?” I asked.

She sighed a heavy sigh “Well I only see him when we’re out and about around school because I don’t take art with you. But when we are walking through the halls or if we are just in the cafeteria or whatever, he watches you –closely- but not too noticeably for everyone to see. And how he always keeps you back for those few extra minutes after class. You most likely didn’t detect it, did you?”

I simply shook my head, I was only half lying. I guess I kind of perceived it during class when I would be busily doing work and I could sometimes sense his eyes bearing into me and other times I would catch him in the act. Normally I would feel uncomfortable from it, but I didn’t.

Gracey scratched at her neck “It’s just odd really. You never see this kind of situation.”

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at my best friend “This kind of situation?” I repeated her words.

“The situation that Mr. Thompson has going on for you. Haven’t you been listening to a word I’ve been saying. This guy is interested in you, he is just as jealous as Benson is, probably even more seeing as Ben has you and he doesn’t- can’t.” She stated in all seriousness.

I rolled my eyes at her “Be reasonable, Gracey.”

I couldn’t seem to believe her words I mean how the heck has she picked all this up and put it all together so easily?

“I am Rach! Think about it, put all the pieces together-”

“I don’t want to!” I intervened “You’re putting way to much thought into this, do you know how silly all this sounds? He is a teacher Grace, a teacher! This stuff is illegal.” I shook my head “How do you even come up with such barbaric thoughts.”

She just shrugged “I’m just good at reading this kinda’ stuff, that’s all.” She pouted and looked away from me.

“I think you read a little too much into it.” I snapped.

Now her pout turned into a frown.

Sighing, I sat up feeling guilty and grabbed hold of one of her hands giving it a squeeze. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap back at you like that. It’s just hard for those words to sink in when you said all that. Can we just forget it? I don’t want to think nor talk about it.”

“Yeah you’re right. And I should be the one saying sorry, I had no right to say those things.”

I snuggled back down onto my bed “Come on,” I said tugging her arm down “We have a Batman marathon awaiting for us!” I grinned. She smiled back and relaxed down on the bed.

As we watched the movies, i constantly chewed on my lip as her words replayed over and over through my head and i couldnt push the feeling, that maybe she was right about some of the things she said ..

~

I know its small but its more of a filler chapter and i thought i needed to put something up soon. also its kinda hard typing when you sick, i just got and injection not long ago so im a wee' bit out of it.

but hey better a chapter up then nothing right?

Im still currently typing up another chapter now so hopefully ill have that up soon :)

also the pic on the side of Sean Faris (noah) i couldnt resist .. i had to put it up <3