Chapter 15

Adrien stared at his reflection in the mirror and frowned. He was wearing a royal suit, his hair was styled perfectly to the side, and all dirt and grime was washed off his face. He looked like his old self.

Chloe peeked her head into the room and smiled. She slinked over to him and grabbed his arm, holding it tight.

"You look ravishing, my sweet Adrikins," she whispered fiercely. "I can't wait to be Chloe Agreste, the Princess of Parisilia."

Adrien pulled away from her and glanced at the ground. Chloe tilted her head. "Oh, Adrien. What's the matter? Everything will be just fine," she said in a fake sympathetic tone.

"I hope so," he replied meekly.

A knock then came at the door. Chloe turned her head in annoyance. "What do you want!" she hissed.

The door opened slowly and a maid was standing there. She bowed slightly before speaking.

"The King will return shortly," she said quietly. "He is unaware of the present arrangements between you and your Highness."

"What? My father is back?" Adrien gasped in shock.

Chloe ignored Adrien's remark and gasped at the maid. "Well, that just won't do. We'll have to inform him immediately!"

The maid gulped hesitantly. "B-But he won't be back until later."

"I don't care!" Chloe barked. "Send a messenger over to him now or else I'll have your head!"

"Very well," the maid bowed shakily before exiting the room.

Adrien faced Chloe and frowned disapprovingly.

Chloe shrugged. "What? They're uneducated servants, they should be thankful they aren't in the gallows."

Adrien sighed and took a seat. He rubbed his temples. Then, he noticed his ring. That's right. He still had Plagg. He could escape somehow!

"Uh, Chloe, could you fetch me a glass of water?" he asked.

Chloe scrunched her nose up in disgust. "You dare ask me that? How about I inform a servant instead?"

"Uh, yes, that'll do just fine," Adrien nodded with a cheesy smile.

Chloe curtsied. "Very well," she seethed. She exited the room, leaving Adrien by himself.

He opened up his coat and Plagg flew out, breathing heavily.

"It's about time you gave me some fresh air!" he complained.

"Sorry," Adrien said, flicking his friend a piece of cheese. "We need to transform. I have to find Ladybug and warn her!"

Plagg yawned lazily, eating the cheese. "Fine. But only because I love you soooo much."

*

Ladybug stood on top of the pile of unconscious guards and smiled proudly. She smacked the dust off her hands. The villagers cheered.

Ladybug jumped off the heap and landed on the ground with a thud. She waved before leaving immediately.

"I'll return with everyone! No one will get hurt!" Ladybug exclaimed.