Chapter 10

Ladybug quickly returned behind the safety of her cottage and released her transformation, turning herself back into Marinette.

She casually walked out from behind it, whistling a catchy tune. She slid into her house and found Prince Adrien sitting on a chair staring out the window. He turned around.

"Hey," he greeted warmly. "Pretty weird stuff that just happened, huh?"

Marinette blushed. "Yeah," she replied. She cleared her throat and sat down on her bed. "So I'm guessing you're hungry?"

Adrien rubbed his stomach. "Strangely enough, as soon as you said that, my stomach growled."

"No problem," Marinette laughed, standing up. She glanced into his soft green eyes and she melted. "W-Would you like bread from the pub?" she stuttered. "Then after we can get my basket and return to the pub for the party?"

Adrien nodded. "Sure," he replied. He was about to stand up when Marinette gently sat him back down.

"No, you need to rest," she said quietly. "I can guess your wound is still hurting."

Adrien shrugged. "Doesn't hurt that much. But please, I insist. Treat me as you would one of your friends."

Marinette sighed before nodding. "Alright."

The two exited the safety of the cottage and this was where Marinette's disguise would be put to the test. She wearily glanced around at her friends as they curiously eyed their new guest. Marinette and Adrien almost made it to the pub when Rose stopped them.

"Hi Marinette," she said softly. She tilted her head at Adrien. "Who's this?"

Marinette let out a sigh of relief. At least Rose didn't recognize him; no one would guess that royalty would even ponder the thought of spending a day in the village. Then Marinette had a bigger problem; calling him by a new name. She glanced over at Adrien. "Uh... his name is... Arnold!"

Marinette desperately hoped Rose would buy it. She bit her lip as she watched Rose inspect Adrien. Then, a weight was lifted off her shoulders when Rose smiled cheerfully.

"Hi Arnold," she smiled. "I'm Rose!"

Adrien glanced wearily at Marinette before meeting Rose's big blue eyes again. "Hi, um, it's nice to be here!" he exclaimed.

Rose squealed in happiness and faced Marinette. "Oh, Marinette, I'm so glad you brought a new friend!"

Marinette laughed slowly. "Yeah!"

"I'm gonna tell the others," Rose said, practically jumping up and down in joy.

Adrien faced Marinette and raised an eyebrow. "Arnold?" he laughed.

Marinette scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "D-Do you like the name?"

"It's fine," Adrien replied with a friendly smile.

Marinette glanced around herself and people were starting to stop in their tracks and look over at the two. She wasn't sure if it was because of the new face, or for some, the familiar one. She shrieked in surprise and hesitantly grabbed Adrien by his sleeve. "We'd better go inside the pub," she whispered in his ear.

The two made way into the pub and sat down at a seat. Marinette waited around anxiously while Adrien looked at her in concern. He leaned in closer to her.