Chapter 3

"M-my fairy godmother?" Marinette stuttered, her eyes transfixed on the creature.

"Well, kwami godmother I guess you could say. Fairies are snobby," Tikki smiled.

"Wait, so you can grant wishes? Is that what I'm hearing?" Marinette replied, leaning in closer to Tikki.

Tikki frowned, rubbing her chin. "Uh.. well I can't do that but I can help you achieve your wish!"

Marinette huffed and crossed her arms. "What kind of fairy godmother are you?"

"Hey! Kwami godmother!" Tikki defended, flying up in front of Marinette's face.

"Whatever," Marinette said. She held her head and rocked back and forth. "I can't believe I'm even talking to you. I'm probably just dreaming. Yeah, that's it. Just a dream."

"Marinette! Listen to me!"

"And how do you know my name??" Marinette asked, scooting away.

Tikki rolled her eyes. "I just do, okay. You have to believe me. I can help you achieve your wish!"

"Oh yeah? How?" Marinette asked skeptically, crossing her arms.

Tikki smiled and flew over to the corner of the room. She grunted as she picked up a pair of black circular earrings and brought them over to Marinette.

"Do these earrings grant my wishes?" Marinette asked curiously, inspecting the jewelry.

"Sort of," Tikki replied. "Put them on."

Marinette hesitated for a second, still unsure if she should trust Tikki, but then put on the earrings.

As soon as the earrings were in, Marinette looked around the room for any noticeable signs of change. Tikki giggled.

"Not yet, silly! I have to transfer into the earrings."

"Transfer into the earrings?! How-"

"You're talking to me, a magical being, and that's what you ask?" Tikki replied boringly.

"Right," Marinette mumbled. She exhaled slowly and closed her eyes. "Okay. Do your thing... uh..."

"Tikki. And my pleasure!"

"Okay, sorry," Marinette apologized, a sheepish smile spreading across her face. Her eyes remained closed as she anticipated the transfer process.

"You have to say: 'Tikki, spots on!' for me to be able to enter your earrings," Tikki remarked.

"Oh, okay. Tikki, spots on!"

A loud whoosh was heard and Marinette could see a flash of red outside of her eyelids. She quickly opened her eyes and looked around. Everything remained the same.

"Um.. I don't notice anything different," Marinette mumbled.

She glanced down at her hands and gasped in shock. Red and black polka dots. That's all she could see. Her eyes widened in surprise and she stood up abruptly.

Marinette glanced over herself. Head to toe, she was covered in a red spandex suit with black polka dots.

"I like the outfit change," Marinette said quietly. "But how will this help me?"

"You see the yoyo on your hip?" a tiny familiar voice spoke out in her head. Marinette gasped in surprise.

"Tikki? Is that you?" Marinette asked out loud, touching her head.

"Yes," Tikki replied. "I can talk to you in your head while you're transformed. I'll explain it all later. Anyways, you see the yoyo on your hip, right?"

Marinette glanced down at her right hip and saw a circular yoyo with the same pattern on it. "Yeah."

"That is a very important device when you're transformed. It has unbreakable string and can get you places really fast," Tikki continued. "It also doubles as a communication device, but that feature is unnecessary at the moment."

"Cool," Marinette said, playing with the yoyo. She swung it back and forth a few times. "You mean, it won't ever run out of string?"

"Yeah. Plus, your physical abilities have been extremely modified. You have increased flexibility-"

"So that means I can finally do the splits?" Marinette asked excitedly. She quickly reenacted the position and squealed when it was successfully performed.

"Marinette! Focus!" Tikki snapped.

"Right. Sorry," Marinette replied.

"We'll discuss more of your abilities tomorrow. It's getting really late. Also, no one can know your secret."

"Right," Marinette nodded.

"Finally, you need an alias," Tikki said.

Marinette glanced at her outfit and shrugged. "Dot girl?"

"No," Tikki groaned. "I was hoping you would get it on your own. How about Ladybug instead?"

"Ladybug," Marinette smiled approvingly. "I like it."

"Dot girl," Tikki reminisced, giggling quietly.

"Okay, okay," Marinette laughed. "How do I end the transformation?"

"You just say: Tikki, spots off."

"Tikki, spots off," Marinette repeated, and the red creature flew out of the earrings. The transformation wore off with a flash and Marinette was returned to her normal peasant clothes. She held Tikki in her hands and smiled.

"I can't believe it. Maybe I will be able to stop Gabriel," she squealed.

"Don't get too excited," Tikki reminded her. "You still have a lot of training to do."

"I know," Marinette mumbled sadly. Then, a random thought crossed her mind. "Tikki, do I need to give you food and water and stuff like that? Like a pet?"

"Food is all I really need," Tikki shrugged. "Preferably cookies. And don't ever think of me as a pet. Kwami's are much better."

Marinette laughed. "Gotcha."

Tikki smiled, checking outside. It was pitch black. "You'd better get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day!"

"I bet so," Marinette laughed, settling into her bed. She ripped a tiny piece of fabric from her blanket and lay it over a sheet of wool sitting on the bedside table. "Here's your bed, Tikki. Kind of last minute."

"Thanks," Tikki replied graciously. She settled into the tiny handmade bed and closed her eyes. "Goodnight, Marinette."

"Goodnight," Marinette replied softly, feeling drowsy. Her eyes fluttered closed and soon, blissful sleep had begun.

*

HEY GUYS! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! I know a lot of you want Adrien to show up already, but fear not, he will make an appearance in the next chapter! :) Also, thank you all for the support so far! That's my motivation to write this fanfic.

See you later!