Chapter 14

"Put the gun down, Chloe," Adrien said cautiously.

Chloe's face twisted strangely, like she smelled something repugnant. She then cackled loudly. "You're so funny, Adrikins! But I don't think so. The only way this gun is being put away is if you follow my request."

Adrien raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

Chloe smirked, her plan going according to plan. She leaned in closer to Adrien, grabbed his shoulder, and squeezed it tightly. Adrien flinched from the pain.

"Marry me," she whispered in his ear, her tone as poisonous as venom.

"That's it?" Adrien asked hesitantly.

"Well, no," Chloe snickered. She toyed with the gun in her hands, admiring the barrel. Thankfully, her finger strayed far from the trigger.

"I know your little secret," she nodded, glancing up at Adrien with her chilling blue eyes.

Adrien's heart beat quickened. Chloe knew he was Chat Noir! Oh no. Adrien bit his lip and laughed nervously. "W-What secret?"

Chloe groaned annoyingly. "That you like that peasant girl!" she hissed.

Adrien felt relief flow through his veins. Phew. She didn't know his true secret. But then her statement made him think. Was he falling in love with Marinette? No, he loved Ladybug...

"Hello?!" Chloe barked. She pointed the gun back at Adrien. "You better say yes or else your pretty little face will suffer."

Adrien wanted to laugh with amusement. She wouldn't pull the trigger. Not Chloe. A slight smile cracked on Adrien's lips.

Chloe huffed, offended that he was finding the situation amusing. She aimed the pistol slightly to the right of Adrien and pulled the trigger. A loud bang rang out throughout the forest and a tree payed the ultimate price.

Adrien stared in disbelief. He wasn't expecting that. Chloe smirked.

"Now do you believe me?" she asked, tilting her head.

Adrien gulped, feeling terrified. "Look, Chloe. We can work this out."

"Course we can. If you marry me. Oh, and did I mention, if you go with me, I can act like this journey of yours never happened," Chloe said slowly. She smirked and batted her eyes innocently. "That'll be the smartest option."

She began circling around Adrien like a cheetah and its prey. "Your father will never find out and your little friend will be safe..."

Those words smacked Adrien in his face. Marinette would be safe... That's what mattered after all, right? He couldn't afford to put anyone else in danger.

"Fine," Adrien sighed, his eyes falling to the ground. "I'll marry you."

Chloe squealed happily and dropped the pistol. She grabbed Adrien by his arm and squeezed it tightly. "I knew you'd pick the right choice! Now let's get you out of those clothes!"

She dragged Adrien into the castle just as the sun was setting below the horizon. Would his lady be able to handle herself?

*

Earlier...

"I'll stop talking now," Ladybug laughed sheepishly at Adrien.