Chapter 13

Adrien sighed as he walked on through the forest and back to the Kingdom. His kwami, Plagg, bursted out of his pocket in protest.

"What are you doing?" Plagg asked. "Leaving the girl you love behind just like that?"

"It's my fault Marinette was put in danger, Plagg," Adrien whispered. "She probably hates me."

"I doubt that," Plagg replied, crossing his arms. "Now go back there!"

"You only care because the pub has Camembert," Adrien mumbled.

"The best!" Plagg replied with a toothy grin.

Adrien sighed and held a hand close to his heart. "If only I could see Ladybug again. That'd put my mind at ease. She's so brave and heroic."

"Uhh... that might not be long from now!" Plagg exclaimed, pointing towards the sky. Adrien turned around and gasped. There were people trapped in bubbles and they were floating in the sky!

Adrien clenched his fists. "We need to help! Plagg, claws out!"

Meanwhile, Ladybug focused on the bubble casting villain. Again, she was amazed at these villain's powers, but she had to remain vigilant.

"What are you doing?!" Ladybug yelled.

"I am The Bubbler! Ready to strike back at those stupid adults! They caused the pain in our village!" he roared angrily.

Ladybug gasped. "Nino?"

The Bubbler growled and summoned a bubble, sending it hurdling towards Ladybug. She quickly jumped into the air, narrowly avoiding it.

"Where are the adults going?" Ladybug asked.

"Some place where they will never boss us around again!" The Bubbler replied. He then sent an army of bubbles towards Ladybug. She gasped and prepared her yoyo for the attack.

Then, Chat Noir swooped in out of her nowhere, landing besides Ladybug. He smirked and started deflecting the bubbles with his pole. "Looks like I came just in time," he proclaimed.

"I had it covered. But thanks," Ladybug winked.

"Go Ladybug!" Alya screamed from the crowd of people who formed around the attack. Everyone started cheering for the superheroes.

The Bubbler growled furiously and faced the crowd. "Why are you all cheering for them?"

"Because, duh, she's the superhero!" Alix yelled.

"Fine, if that's how you feel, then feel free to join the adults in the sky!" he roared. Then, he formed giant bubbles and sent them over to the teenagers.

"No!" Ladybug and Chat yelled, watching their friends get captured in the bubbles.

"Help!" Mylene whimpered from the sky.

"Get me out of here!" Kim screamed.

"Help us Ladybug!" Alya shouted.

Ladybug faced The Bubbler. "Let them go!" she warned. "Let them all go!"

"No way! Your friends were annoying. And adults always get in the way of the fun!"