Blame the purse

Nandini POV
I am finally in India. It took about one hour to collect my bags and exit the air port. I go to the taxi stand to see a middle aged man who asked " madam, luxurious and less expensive taxi service". I smile at him and say " bhai, I need to go to malhotra mansion". " kya" asks the man in query. Shit man, he doesn't know English. Ab kya karu?. I' ll just show the address. I hand over the paper to which he says " malhotra's ka ghar! " ha ha "
"1000 rupees madam" he says in broken English.

I can't believe this, just because I am not an indian, people take advantage.
" aap cheat kar raha hu.. he.. hi.. damn it" I said in frustration. "Kya? Cheat..or me. Tum kisi se bhi pucho" he said with fake confidence. " tike me puchkar atha hai" I said to which he finally accepted defeat. I got into the taxi and looked at the watch. It was nearly time for the funeral." Aiyappa, bhai thoda fast chalo na".

We reached the house in five minutes. I rushed in to see many people in black clothes . I placed my bags on the door and squeeze through many people to finally get in. I see Nyonika aunty crying and I see malhotra uncle laying there lifeless. Tears stream through my eyes. I usually never cry but today I couldn't control my tears.

Nyonika aunty looks up and see's me and rushes towards me and breaks down." Nandu look at him, he is not waking up call him na" she nearly shouted through her cries. I pulled her into my embrace and consoled her. I helped her sit down. I turn around to see a tall guy with blood shot eyes. I guess he is harsh uncle's son Manik. He is standing with four other people. I think he is in deep thoughts. I have heard of his aggressive nature from his dad.

He also told me once " just like there are two or more sides to a story, just like there are many sides for a person. I feel we just have to find that hidden side in that person. He said that deep down his son is a softy. I hate crying. If I stay here for one more minute, I will burst out. I need to go.I bid my farewell to aunty. " aunty, I have to go I a in a hurry". beta, I know why you want to go. I knowyou are going at least meet my son and go. He is really upset". " aunty, I am going to be here anyways.I will visit you tomorrow itself. I have to go. I control all the tears that threatened to fall.

I rush out of the house. I look around to see my taxi had gone. I carry my bags to hear a familiar voice. I turn around to see Harsh uncle. Harsh uncle was another friend of appa. I give a faint smile and keep my bag down. He pulls me into bear hug. We chat for a long time. " beta, if you want I'll drop you home. " no its fine uncle, bye. I walk outside to see a black car with the door open. My legs hurt really bad, maybe I should sit in the car till the driver comes. I keep my bags inside and start to play in my phone. " Madam ji, what are you doing inside Manik bhaba's car". Oh so this is not a taxi.

How can I be so foolish. " sorry kaka, I thought this is a taxi". He walks away in a hurry. As I try to get out of the car my purse falls down in the car. As I try to pick the purse the door closes and guess what I am trapped inside. I try to shout for help but in vain.

 I try to shout for help but in vain

Nandini outfitManiks POVPeople come in, say some shitty lines which is supposed to be consoling me

Nandini outfit
Maniks POV
People come in, say some shitty lines which is supposed to be consoling me. Mom is continuously crying. I really want to make mom stop crying but I am scared that I will break down in front of her and I dont want that to happen.

Dad used to say they should have had a daughter too, so that there will be someone to console mom after he has gone. I always used to scold him for talking about death. He said that his baby doll will always be there to console her if I marry her. Baby doll is dads best friends daughter, technically his best friend. Her real name is Nandini. I haven't seen her but dad used to talk a lot about her. Mom stands up with a jerk and rushes towards a girl and shouts "Nandu look at him, he is not waking up call him na" I could hear mom still crying. She pulls mom into a hug and consoles her.

She is also crying. I think this is Nandini. Soon after bids farewell." Beta are going, at least meet my son and go. He is really upset. Am I small kid ? Thank God she declined it. Mom rushes towards me and says " see beta he didn't even wake up when baby doll came." I can't see mom like this. I rush out of the house and open my door when I remember " I have got to find that Harshad, I can't stay here, I cant see my dad going away. Let me take my luggage and leave" I rush inside my room and stuff some clothes into my bag. As I exit my room fab four nearly yelled" manik, where are you going?" I turn around wiith a stern face. "Kaha?"cabir asked.
"I need to take care of that harshad". "Tu pagal he kya? Funeral is about to start and you are going" mukti yelled.
"I DON'T CARE! I CAN'T SEE DAD GOING AWAY.LET ME GO GUYS" I shouted back at them.
"Manik, you have to be strong buddy. You can't just walk out like this. At least for us stay. After that we will help you find that harshad"
I dropped my bag and went back.

After four hours, its nearly afternoon I nyonika and his friends returned home.
"Guys we need to find him. I'll just kill him.
" MANIK! JUST STOP! YOU KEEP ON SAYING BHAI DID THIS. YOU HAVE NO PROOF. JUST STOP! Alya screamed at me.
How can she be so insensitive. If I stay here I would say something bad in my anger. I rush into my room take my bag and went out. I can hear druv calling my name. I get into the car and drive through the plans of my destiny.

 I get into the car and drive through the plans of my destiny