27. No Words Said

I unlock the door to the apartment Jen and I share. Seth had walked me into the apartment building, like the gentleman he is. Soon after we had bid our goodbyes.

Stepping into the dark apartment a lamp light is turned on. Turning to see what caused it to turn on, I see Jen sitting in an armchair by the corner of the living room.

"So how was is it?... Was he a gentleman?" Jen runs her mouth, asking question after question before  I can give her an answer to ones previously asked.

"Did he-"

"-Jen! Hold on a minute. Give me a chance to answer." I say stopping her mid sentence.

Jen huffs. "Fine."

Taking a seat, in the other armchair in the living room, I begin to answer all of Jen's questions.

"So how did you guys leave it with each other?"

I'm struck by Jen's question. When Seth had dropped me off, he didn't mention anything about meeting up again. Have I done something wrong?

"Um...well he didn't say anything about meeting up again soon."

Jen's eyes get wide. "But...but..."

"I don't know, maybe he doesn't like me as much as he thought he did." I say quietly.

"Oh Marie, don't think that! Maybe he just had something on his mind. It's very stressful to be running a lot of businesses and then to also be on a baking show." Jen consoles me.

I give her a partial smile. "Yeah maybe."

She reaches over and gives me a hug. I'm really lucky to have a friend like Jen.
__________________________

Hey guys...
I'm really sorry for this filler chapter. I've been very busy lately so I haven't had much time to write. Anyways I will try to update again very soon hopefully next Tuesday. See you soon!

~Nikki