2. Looks Like We Got Company

"Marie! Could you please take over the front of the bakery. While I go frost another batch of those cupcakes?"Asks Jen who was at the register in the front of the bakery.

"Sure." I reply.

This was how most of my days went.  I still couldn't believe that I actually owned a bakery. Being a baker was something that I have always wanted to be every since I was ten years old. Although I accomplished things that I have ever dreamed, I feel as if something is missing in my life. A missing piece to a puzzle is how you can explain it.

Snapping back into reality I head towards the front of Bake City. Once I get to the cash register, I gaze out the window of my beautiful, yellow bakery admiring the lovely scenery. Then I noticed something peculiar. There was a sign being put up across the street. Not just any old regular building sign, but a sign for a bakery! This couldn't be happening. There was no possible way that there could be another bakery opening up! I know I may sound delusional, but this was crazy.

After taking a second glance. I saw the sign was finally put up. It read Luke's Bakery. I then thought to myself, doesn't this Luke dude already know there is a bakery right across from his? Does he not understand that this is not going to work?

"Jen. Can you come over here for a sec?" I ask.

"Marie. What's wrong?" She asks obviously nervous.

"I think we have got some new company." I say.

***********
Hey guys, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. please vote and comment. I would love to hear what you have to say about this chapter.