16. Baked

It has been over a week and I haven't heard anything from Luke. A part of me thinks that the kiss Luke and I shared didn't mean anything to him and that it was just in the moment. I hope not.
******
-Next Morning  9:00am

"Marie, Marie!" Jen yells excited about something.

I was in the kitchen of the bakery, when Jen came running in like a maniac.

"Jen, did you drink too much coffee again?" I ask suspicious.

"No... Well I did drink like two cups of coffee this morning , but that's not the point. I have some great news!" Jen says ecstatic.

"Aww did Mr. Smith finally ask out that librarian?" I ask in hope that he did.

Mr. Smith was a sweet man in his late fifties and was a regular customer of mine. Over the years we had developed a friendship and he would always come to me for advice.

"Sadly no, hopefully soon though." Jen replies.

"Then what is it?" I asked getting a little impatient.

"Okay so you know the show Baked?"She asks.

"Of course I do! That's my favorite show." I exclaim.

Baked was a show on the Food Network channel and it featured different bakeries competing against each other for a prize of having their pasteries featured at a celebrity event.

"Well the producers of Baked just tweeted on Twitter about them needing a new host for the show!" Jen says happily.

"The old host Alice Crump is planning on retiring from the show soon in about two months. With this being such short notice, the producers are scrambling to find a host.

"So...?" I asked still not comprehending what the big deal was. I mean a lot of shows sometimes will get a new host for their show.

"Well since the show is produced one town over  from Cambria a group of judges will be going around towns close by to visit some bakeries and see if some owners would be interested in hosting a show." Jen explains to me.

Then it finally clicked in my head.

"Oh my gosh! You know what that means!" I scream with excitement.

"Those judges will be coming here to Bake City!" Jen said.

Then a thought hit me."Wait a second if those group of judges are coming to Bake City then they will also be visiting Luke's Bakery too." I say a little nervous.

Just because Luke and I weren't on bad terms, it still doesn't mean that he's not competition.

"Oh my, I didn't really that either." Jen replies.

"I really hope that he doesn't watch the show Baked." I say.

"Me too." Jen agrees.

************************************
I guess old habits don't die hard. Hey guys! I finally have updated! I'm sorry that this wasn't the best chapter. I've been so busy studying and preparing for my exams next week that I barely got a chance to write a chapter. No worries though. After next week I will be free to update. To make up for all these delayed updates, I will make sure to write a long, funny, entertaining chapter. Stay tuned!

~Nikki